It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:54 pm

Free Newsletter

New to site, losing weight for 21st

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New to site, losing weight for 21st

Postby aussiechic » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:06 pm

Hi All,

Just stumbled across this while I was at work today. I am a 20 year old journalism student (2 weeks to go till I am finished forever woo hoo), I love life, and people in general. I am outgoing on the exterior, but inside when it comes to my appearance I am shy and reserved. I have always battled with my weight, since I can remember. I have yo-yo dieted with the best of them. I was put on my first diet by my Mum in grade 5, she also struggled with her weight and thought she was doing the right thing. I have tried it all, as I am sure most of you have.

I lost about 12kg on TF only to put it and more back on. At my heaviest I weighed 108.1kg and although I didn't look it, I felt horrible. I weighed in today at 93.7 so I am well away from that number, I am at the lightest I have been in 2 years. Now I have 5 weeks till my 21st, I have 3 till I go dress shopping (I am a shoppaholic, one thing that I never lost when overweight was my ability to spend :D) and started my new reigime at the beginning of last week. I lost around 3.5kgs my first week which I was really happy with.

I started walking today and have been eating pretty restrictively. I am looking for any tips on how to budge weight fast. I know that it may sound silly, I know that .5-1kgs is the right amount, but I realised that for a girl who loves shoes and clothes as much as Carrie I have no hope of finding the dress I want if I can't fit into a 14. I need all the encouragement I can get, I tend to be weak and sometimes convince myself to eat badly when I know it's wrong. So far the motivation of my impending birthday is all I need.

Of course there is a lot more to my story, but I have already written too much (blame the journalist in me). I am in it for the long haul, my birthday is simply a mini goal. I work at Just Jeans and I dream of the day when I can pull on a size 10 and look great.

Everyone here seems really supportive, so any tips on loosing 10kgs+ in 5 weeks would be greatly appreciated. No judgement about crash dieting please :wink:
aussiechic

Re: New to site, losing weight for 21st

Postby miss_viva » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:25 am

Welcome to the forum, Aussiechic!

You're right, 10kgs in 5 weeks is quite a lot to lose. I'm glad that you realise that crash dieting isn't really the best option for you, but I can also understand that you only want to get to your mini goal before you start dieting more sensibly. In my experiences, usually the faster you lose weight, the faster you put it back on again :-s.

I'm not too sure about the best way to lose 10kgs in 5 weeks, all I could suggest is that you do some high intensity exercise (like jogging/running) every day, and eat a lot of vegetables and lean protein - lots of salads etc for lunch and dinner. Maybe have some carbs with your lunch to give you some energy for the afternoon? E.g. perhaps a chicken and salad sandwich.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I wish you all the best :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby onthedecrease » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 pm

omg...... he he im a third year journo student to and have 2weeks to go as well... where do you go to uni? Im a deakin student. Do you have any job offers yet, where would you like to work, what sort of journo? Lol sorry for all the the questions, its not often I come across other journo students. Hmm I wonder if I know you lol.

As for your questions, Im not being judgemental, but realistic its just not possible to lose 10kg in 5weeks you would be very seek and in all likelihoods miss your birthday altogether. I turned 22 this year and I wish I had gotten healthy for my 21st- but hey you cant have everything. How much do you have to lose and IMO you can still look sexy in any size. Feel free to pm me!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby court » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:09 pm

I finished a Masters Degree in Journalism in 2006 small world huh!
court

Postby court » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:11 pm

Oh and 10kgs in 5 weeks not the safest weight loss! If you start with high intensity cardio you will end up with shin splints and not be able to wear heels AT ALL on your bday :shock:
I lost 10kgs in ten weeks though... so aim for 5 in 5 weeks! :D
You will be radiant no matter what it says on the scales - you only turn 21 once so enjoy it!!
court

Postby onthedecrease » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:41 pm

court wrote:I finished a Masters Degree in Journalism in 2006 small world huh!

wow cool.... im just doing a BA majoring in journalism and politics but I also have a huge portfolio which is a bonus? Are you still writing Court?
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby miss_viva » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:03 pm

I think 10kgs in 5 weeks is honestly a bit too much, but if you eat well and exercise, I'm sure you'll lose some of that weight and feel better about yourself :)

I agree with the other posters as well: you'll look great regardless of your size, and you should enjoy your 21st. All your friends and family will love and support you no matter what size you are. Maybe you could consider losing 10kgs before New Years Eve? That way, you could wear a hot dress out to celebrate, and give yourself a more realistic time frame to lose the weight :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby court » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:07 pm

Are you still writing Court?

unfortunately no, I work in more a design/marketing/PA role now... it is a cut throat industry! Undergrad I did theatre/writing etc too... good fun and i learnt a great deal that I apply in all different areas of my life - just not my career :D
court

Postby aussiechic » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies and the confidence boost. I actually went shopping today, spur of the moment just to see and I stumbled across a dress, it was buy a brand called Stella in a size 14 and I thought I would try it on to see how much I needed to lose (you know how much it didn't fit by) anyway tried it on, it fitted and looked great, except my blooming chest lol, anyway I snapped it up, I couldn't believe it. I am sure even a few more kgs will make a big difference. I am just going to do what I can, and take each kilo as a bonus.

In regards to journalism, I am studying at RMIT, job prospects pretty decent I guess. I have a job in PR lined up for 12 months, then I'll travel and come back and try and break into the TV, radio or magazine industries. How about yourself? My friend goes to Deakin, I used to live in Blackburn near the Burwood campus so I know all about it lol.

Thanks once again for the encouragement, I am still looking, who knows might find an even nicer dress :D
aussiechic

Postby onthedecrease » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:40 am

Congrats on finding a nice dress, just concenrate on being healthy and getting in some exercise and Im sure you will have to have it altered or even buy a new one altogethr :D

Ive had a few offers, im down at the Warrnambool campus and looking at print :)
[/url]
onthedecrease

Return to Introductions