It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:52 am

Free Newsletter

Glad I found you.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Glad I found you.

Postby I_love_fried_food » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:01 pm

Hi everyone,
Maybe you guys are exactly what I need.
Loosing weight is such hard work.
My goal was to loose around 8-10 kilos over the next 3 months.
Do you think that may be a bit ambitious?
I've been on a diet for about 3 weeks now, and I have lost 1.5kilos, but I feel this week, I may have put it back on.
It's so hard - I'd like to make dieting more of a lifestyle choice - but maybe I am one of those people who just cannot loose weight.
There is so much contradictory information - carbs?, no carbs? Who knows?
I think the only thing that really helps is drinking alot of water and exercise.
Think I will go and get a herbal tea now.

Good luck to everyone

Michelle

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... weight.png
I_love_fried_food

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:16 pm

Hi Michelle, welcome to the forum.
If you work hard I'm sure you'll be able to lose 1kg per week.
When posting a ticker graph, copy and paste the code under the heading bbCode.

hugs
Dolly
Last edited by Dolly on Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Ally » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:12 am

Hi Michelle and welcome to the forum. Best of luck with your weight loss journey. It is all about the choices we make in our everyday life that will see us succeed in our quest to becoming a healthy and fit person. We are all on different programs here and that is the best thing about this site, I find. It means that no matter what we do as individuals that works best for us, we have a "safe haven" here where we can all just meet and talk about our trials and triumphs. I hope you find what works for you. There is so much advice out there and it always confused me. I now just stick to a low fat balanced program that has the recommended serving balance of carbs, protein, fruit, dairy and optional indulgences. This works really well for me. As you search through the forum you will see that there is everything from Weight Watchers to Tony Ferguson, so it is greatly varied!! Don't be scared to ask questions, everyone here is really helpful and you get varied opinions on each subject!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:41 am

Hi michelle

i think ally summed it up nicely. but welcome to the group and best wishes for your weight loss journey! you can do it!!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:48 am

Hello Michelle and welcome to the forum.

There are a lot of tips and tools on the home page http://www.weightloss.com.au which I have found to be down to earth so be sure to check that out.

I feel you goal is realistic in that time frame but that all depends on you and how focused you are. Sometimes just cleaning up your diet and adding exercise will get you there. By 'cleaning' up I mean limiting you fat intake...not from good sources, nuts, fish, avocadoes etc but from high fatty foods, fried stuff and chocolate, biscuits etc. Make these things treats not the norm. Be aware of your snacking and more importantly your portion size.

Portion size may also be a key factor for your carbs. When having bread or cereal check the serving size and don't go over that per meal. Cereal is a classic example, everyone says eat more cereal but most serving sizes are 30-45 grams depending on how 'heavy' the cereal is. Yet many people would fill a bowl so may well be eating 2+ serving sizes. It's these sorts of things that run you into trouble.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:52 pm

Hi Michelle and welcome,
the thing I've learned from this forum is that different things work for differnet people but the general gist is more exercise and eat better, fresher and more varied foods. All the options are add ons.

Try seeing what works for you - for me it's lots more exercise (I ride 50min to work and home every day) and cutting down on crappy food and increasing good food (I've cut right down on sugar, butter and cheese).

Have a look round the site - the food and exercise diaries will help you work out where you're starting from and what you might need to change!

Hope to see you around!
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions