It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Free Newsletter

I am soooo glad to have found this place.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I am soooo glad to have found this place.

Postby Daisybeck » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:37 pm

Hi all,

I've just spent some time reading through some of the posts here and there are so many like-minded souls. I'm obese and having a hard time of it. I'm 35, 165cms tall and weight 103 kilos as of today. I am officially the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I was always a chubby kid but my weight ballooned when I reached adulthood. I have had three major weight losses in my life but I always gain it back. I am so sick and tired of this. I'm an emotional eater and I desperately need to be in an online environment where I can just interact with other people in the same boat. I know no one else can solve this problem for me but it helps me immensely if I can just interact with people who are in the same situation and who UNDERSTAND.

A problem shared is a problem halved.

I'm looking forward to spending some time here and hopefully getting some of this weight off, talking with you all and offering my support and encouragement to others because I know how it feels. I like the little weight loss graph/monitor that some people here have in their signatures. I think I'm going to get me one of those.

Anyway, I started walking again last night after work now that daylight savings has started so we'll see how it goes.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Daisy.
Daisybeck

Re: I am soooo glad to have found this place.

Postby Chook » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:39 am

Hi Daisy,

I just signed up today and thought I would introduce myself. I read your post, and your weight loss roller coaster ride sounds similar to mine. I too am an emotional eater - the emotion doesn't matter, I eat when I'm sad, happy, confused :)

I have lost and gained (and then lost and gained again!) over 30kg in the last 10 years. I'm finding it really difficult to get back on the horse this time around, and I thought a support forum with like-minded people would help me stay focused.

I'm still working on the courage to step on the scales to see the full damage of the last few months!

Goodluck on your journey!

Chook
Chook

Postby miss_viva » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:53 am

Hi Daisy (and Chook),

Welcome to the forum! I think you'll find the support you need here, I haven't been a member here for that long but everyone has been really supportive and encouraging so far :) I've found that it's helpful to weigh yourself once a week and post your progress: it just makes you more accountable and hopefully less likely to slip up.

I wish you all the best with your weight loss goals, you've lost weight before, so you know you can do this! If you ever need anything, feel free to pop in and drop me a note :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby sarahm » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:05 am

hi daisy, chook, missviva. its a pretty good place to be, lots of support and some of the kindest folk i have ever 'met'. oh the perils of emotional eating-i suffer also! put on 40kgs in 2yrs-have taken off 27 with 13 stubborn kgs to go. yes-its the keeping it off that is SO so hard. daisy my stats are eerily similar to yours-started here in march aged 35, weighing 105kgs at 165cm. have since turned 36, and got down to 79kgs..so feel we can support each other.esp. with the emotional eating thing. nice to 'meet' you all! :)
sarahm

Postby Libstar79 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi Daisy,

I also signed up today and cannot wait to get started!

Well Done on facing the 'weighty' issue. It isn't a nice one thats for sure, but everyone on here is in the same boat as you and I.

Good luck, I'll be following your journey...
Lib :wink:
Libstar79

Postby Samantha Jean » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi & welcome. My name is Sam, feel free to chat anytime. You'll find that everyone here is very supportive, encouraging & friendly. Good luck with your weight loss goals.
Samantha Jean

Postby Daisybeck » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:10 am

It's amazing how many people have the same yoyo'ing weight problem. I'm an expert on calories and nutrition, I know how to lose weight slowly and healthily. But I just cannot keep it off. I'm at the point now where I think, well what's the point of going to all of that effort to lose the 40 kilos when I'm just going to gain all of it and more back like I always do. '

But it's getting ridiculous. I'm 35 now and heading towards middle age and I can't afford to be at this weight any more. If I don't get this weight off I might just end up with a nasty bout of heart disease, diabetes, etc etc....

I am going to do this and I AM going to keep it off this time.

Third night out walking tonight. Again I'm so glad to have found this place because it's so hard doing it alone and without support. I've only been here for a day but I want to thank you guys in advance for being there. Todahy has been full on and it's now 12.02am and I need to go to bed. Tomorrow night I'll be back here to read a heap of the threads and see where I can help and offer support and encouragment to everyone else.

sarahm wrote:hi daisy, chook, missviva. its a pretty good place to be, lots of support and some of the kindest folk i have ever 'met'. oh the perils of emotional eating-i suffer also! put on 40kgs in 2yrs-have taken off 27 with 13 stubborn kgs to go. yes-its the keeping it off that is SO so hard. daisy my stats are eerily similar to yours-started here in march aged 35, weighing 105kgs at 165cm. have since turned 36, and got down to 79kgs..so feel we can support each other.esp. with the emotional eating thing. nice to 'meet' you all! :)

^^^Hi Sarahm - that is weird about the height, age and weight thing. Well done getting back down to 79kg! The remaining 13 will come off in time, you sound focussed and you've done an exceptional job so far. That's awesome mate! :wink:

Thanks guys! I'll be back tomorrow. Bed now before I fall asleep at the 'puter....

:wink:

Daisy.
Daisybeck

Postby macandhobbs » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:44 pm

Welcome

I have just recently joined and I am very happy to be here, welcome and all the best with your weightloss!!
macandhobbs

Postby Liven The Dream » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:46 pm

Hello to all
Wow its nice to find this amasing site and all you lovley people battling the same daily struggle I have to, i joined today and love the site i started 1 month ago on my own buy cutting fat in my diet and adding healthy foods instead of fast food experimenting and trying new foods to replace the bad habits The best is i have started reading the contents of every thing i eat . and then i started walking 1 week ago every day early in the morning it makes me feel terrific as i no im buring all day ,funny does any 1 else feel in the morning when you wake up walk out my body feels less and less daily and moving about is not an effort just to get out of a chair i increased my walking yesterday just a extra lap around a park whin in my route and i made it home feeling triump .i look forward to logging in daily sharing my body changes the strange feelings and my elaited success as i stay focoused on ,one step one choice one day :) anytime you feel the need to chat id be happy to help you all
weight.png
weight.png (4.86 KiB) Viewed 539 times
http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wx9Cxt6/
One step One choice One day At A Time
Liven The Dream

Postby Daisybeck » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:58 pm

I love walking too but I'm not a morning person so I go after work. Going after work helps me wind down from the day as well (I deal with customer complaints and ombudsman referrals all day so as you can imagine, after assisting 20 screaming customers per day my nerves can be frazzled by 5.30pm....LOL!).

My problem is that I love ALL food. Even steamed broccoli. Even boiled brussel sprouts. About the only food I don't like is asparagus. I eat too much of everything. And when I get stressed from work I eat and eat and eat and stay inactive. I've never understood people who get thin when they're stressed. When I'm stressed I become inactive and literally swallow my feelings. Now I'm 40 kilos overweight. It never occurs to me when I'm eating and gaining that just putting the knife and fork down is easier than months of slaving to shed 40 kilos. The euphoria of eating overrides all sense and logic for me.

I'm already enjoying my time here and have been here less than a week!

:wink:

Daisy.
Daisybeck

Return to Introductions