It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:30 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello!

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:02 pm

Ok I have decided I definitely need help with this... especially to kick the chocolate cravings to the curb.

I have tried a few diets including shakes and the atkins diet (which i got really sick on) and have found out my body finds it hard to process protein which makes all the most famous diets impossible - they make me physically sick. Weight loss is a problem. I just keep getting bigger and summer is coming up... Its hard!!!

I am trying to lose 10 kgs... How long does it take to lose 10 kgs would you think?

Wish me luck - i need it!!!

:oops:

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:46 am

Hello Zoe, Welcome to the forum, I hope you can get some good tips from people to help you lose weight.

How to copy and paste a ticker graph
Last edited by Dolly on Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:07 am

Hi Zoe and welcome to the forum. You may need to visit your doctor before losing any weight, as your body is having trouble processing protein. They should be able to advise you or at least refer you to a dietician(?) who will be able to give you some tips.

I personally, choose to just eat as healthy as I can 95% of the time. Instead of fatty takeaway, I will have a lean cuisine meal with added veges. I cook all low fat meals and have salad rolls, sandwiches and salads etc for lunch and usually cereal for breakfast. Fruit and diet/low fat yoghurt are good too. I make sure that I control portion sizes, as this can be a big problem.

Some of the girls here are on Tony Ferguson and they would be better to advise you on the protein levels in the shakes etc. (If you choose to look into the program it is something that you could mention to your doctor to see if your body could handle it).

As for how long it will take you to lose 10kgs?? That all depends on you and your body matey, unfortunately it can't be predicted. You may lose a kg a week, you may only lose 1/2kg or less per week, it all depends on your body. My doctor told me that the minimum to aim for each month is 1 kg. He said that it is great if you lose more than that each month, but if you make sure that 1kg is coming off every month, then you know that at the end of 10 months, you will be 10 kgs lighter.

Exercise is also an important factor in any weight loss. Not only will you feel great, but you will become fitter which benefits our bodies greatly.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. There are a bunch of great gals and guys on here and we are only too happy to help you get to your goal!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:38 am

welcome zoeh :)

ally summed everything up really well all im going to add is that the jarrah hot chocolates are 99% fat free and they really take the edge off the chocolate cravings- give those a whirl :)

best of luck :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:50 am

Hello Zoeh and welcome to the forum.

How long will it take to lose any weight is a tricky one and Ally has it right it depends on your body. It may take as soon as 10 weeks or it could take 10 months. It also depends on (once you have found what works best for your body) how focused you are. Seeing a dietician is a good idea and talking with your doc. Exercise is a definite plus if you can add this. If you don't enjoy exercise for the sake of it then try to do something as part of everyday life, eg. Tegan on here bike rides to work and back, great exercise and it is practical as well.

Have a good look at the home page http://www.weightloss.com.au as it contains plenty of useful tips and tools.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:51 pm

Hi zoeh,
Welcome to the forum!

yep, riding to and from work is great - I no longer view it as exercise, it's just transport with the added bonus of being 2 x 50min exercise sessions per day.

I look forward to seeing you round the forums!
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions