It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:18 am

Free Newsletter

Fake weight loser....

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Fake weight loser....

Postby BaileysMummy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:46 am

Hi,

My name is Amy and i am very new at this.
I actually feel like a fake as i look in the mirror every day and am unhappy with what isee, unhappy with what i eat and unhappy with my lack of energy and motivation.
Yet... i do nothing, i cry and whinge but still do nothing.
I can not afford a gym membership, i cannot afford all the fancy weight loss programs and i use this as a convenient excuse as why i can not do anything about my unhappiness with my weight.
I hate vegetables, fruit, water and anything remotely healthy for me, but love everything fatty and generally all the wrong foods.
I feel like a have an obsession with food and all i think about all day is food, glorious food!
I know now is the time to gain control, i have a 1yr old and next year will hopefully be starting to think about expanding my family. If i do not do something now i will jus continue to gain weight and loss even more self esteem.

This is starting to hurt my relationship with my hubby as i feel fat and ugly around him (though he has never been anything but supportive) and do not want any physical contact.

I am hoping by exposing myself that i may kick myself into gear and hear other similar stories of people who took control that may give me a aim in life.
I deserve no sympathy as this all my doing, and only i have the power to change, but i do appreciate inspirational stories to help me along the way!!!

Thank you for reading my story and for already inspiring me to lose weight and have a healthier lifestyle for me, my gorgeous hubby and beautiful little boy.
BaileysMummy

Re: Fake weight loser....

Postby onthedecrease » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:58 am

Im actually not sure what to make of this post as to whether it is spam or not, if its not I apolagise!

If its not, my advice is to grab a hold of AJ Rochester's book the Lazy girls guide to losing weight, i think this book could help you. You need to stop saying I cant this and cant that and actually do!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby BaileysMummy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:03 am

No its not spam, that is ok.

I am just trying to be honest about my laziness and lack of motivation to hopefully make me wake up and realise what i am doing.

I will grab that book definately, it sounds like me!!
BaileysMummy

Postby onthedecrease » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:09 am

ok, my apolagies again, sometimes its really hard to know around here.

The book is really good, Ive got it and read it quite often for a bit of motivation, she is very frank which i think may help you. In the mean time Id suggest http://www.calorieking.com.au which is a calorie counter, they can also do meal plans for you that meet your nutritional needs (that they work out for you), you can also calculate any exercise any exercise cals ect its basically weight watchers but for free :D Definatly check it out, its worth it, and have a look at the university bit where you go week by week addressing your health
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby court » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Im actually not sure what to make of this post as to whether it is spam or not, if its not I apolagise!
:lol: I know what you mean OTD but spam generally has advertising links :)

Hi Baileys Mum :)
OTD has directed you to great site in calorie king. Also, other books that you might want to get hold of are mentioned around the site but I cant remmeber them off the top of my head but one is supposedly really good, i tried to get it at the libraby but it had 10 holds!! Ill do some looking and seei fi can remember what it is! But in the meantime I just wanted to say that once you get motivation it is much easier to hold onto it than the initial start up!!
You need to just WALK OUT THE DOOR and go for a walk... even if it is only 20mins the first time get out of the house and do it - with the pram if need be!!
I used to be addicted to bad food - I cannot honeslty say that I didnt like veges etc but I know I used to HATE salad..now i CRAVE salad and enjoy it! It is all about routine... GET UP (sorry about the tough love but sometimes it takes someone to really push you :) ) and walk out the door this afternoon!!! It will become an addiction, the fresh air, endorphins after a workout...making me want to walk out of the office now :lol: :lol:
Other than that I wish you the best of luck!!
Court x
court

Postby Daisybeck » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi Amy,

It's upsetting to see someone being so hard on themselves. Maybe stop focussing on getting the weight off. Just put all thoughts of weight loss out of your mind for the time being and give yourself a break from it. I know what it's like, I'm 40 kilos over weight and I've had times when I just get into a viscous circle of continual guilt, shame and anger with myself about it. But you have to realise that you're not at fault here. You haven't done anything wrong. Other people I've met who are overweight are some of the emotionally strongest people I know. And you are worth so much more than what you weigh. Please stop being so hard on yourself and see yourself as the beautiful woman and mother that you are. I'm sure you mean the entire world to your child. Try and love yourself the way your child loves you and see yourself the way your child sees you.

Daisy.
Daisybeck

Postby tasha1117 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi Amy,

After reading your post, I felt like I was reading my own story.
I too have been stuck in the horrid cycle of being overweight, but decided last week that enough was enough.

I suggest baby steps, like Im cutting back on all the bad stuff and trying some more healthy options. Then this week I have organised to go for a walk on Friday evenings with my best mate (always helps to have a distraction ;)).

This book your all talking about sounds interesting too, I might have to go pick up a copy ;).

Anyways Im more than happy to hear about your progress and also share mine if its going to help you any?

Good Luck!! And remember YOU CAN DO THIS!! :D :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Rk9dn/]
tasha1117

Postby Gordz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:12 pm

I used to hate beer, now i love it and it's twice as cheap as bourbon! I swear its relivant... lol. Try saving for a week of lite n easy, and get a variety of dinners. I was like you once ( 18 months ago) i hated veggies, fruit, anything that wasn't fried or wasn't going to get me pissed, then i got on lite n easy and was introduced to so so many new flavours and new cullinary experiences, haven't looked back.

my two cents =)
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Return to Introductions