It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello to all

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello to all

Postby workinprogress » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:29 pm

Hi everyone,

Just writing this post to introduce myself to everyone. I'm Kristina and I stumbled upon this site a few days ago while researching some diet tips. I was impressed with the high level of support that you all give each other and thought that I would love to be a part of it :D

I'm currently 65kg and my goal weight is 55kg. At the beginning of the year I did weigh 74kg at my highest and to be honest I don't remember losing the weight but I put it down to the stress that I was under because of the break up of a long term relationship.

I've managed to keep it off and I was relatively happy with my size until recently when I bought a new digital camera and had a few pictures taken. Must I say that the camera never lies :cry:

I mainly carry my weight around my upper arms and hip/thigh area and I'm looking to improve this by weightloss. I've chosen the dreaded calorie restrictive diet because I know that it will work for me and it's about time I cut down on my food intake as I know that I eat too much. I'm hoping to lose this weight in about 10-15 weeks once and for all.

Anyway thanks for listening and I look forward to reading your posts.

'When you stop hurting your body, your body will stop hurting you.'

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:41 pm

Hi Kristina :)

welcome to the group. :) you're right, everyone here offers great support and advice. i find it very beneficial whilst losing weight to have that support and so i love this forum to death!! lol. it was seeing photos of myself too that made me think 'wow am i really that big?' good luck on your weightloss journey and feel free to join in with other topics :)

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:43 pm

Hi Kristina,
Welcome to the forum, it's good to have you here.
How to copy and paste a ticker graph

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:22 pm

HI Kristina and a warm welcome to the forum. Everyone here is really supportive which is great and we are glad to have you onboard. As Kate said feel free to join in whatever you feel comfortable with. Make sure you check out our challenges as these are great motivational tools to help us reach our goals!! :P

Postby KimE » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:26 pm

Hello Kristina and welcome to the forum.

Yep, loads of support here thats for sure and lot of experience with many different plans so don't be afraid to ask any questions you have.

There are plenty of calorie counters on here, myself included, so if you need any tools for calculating etc just sing out.

Well done on your weight loss so far and I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby TamaraP » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:40 pm

Hello Kristina and welcome.

I am also new to all of this (not forums though) and I am wishing lots of success in reaching your goal!

Return to Introductions