It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Another new person :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another new person :)

Postby Auntie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:23 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Elle and I'm new here. I'm a former Sydneysider, though I am now living in Canada. Still haven't stopped using Google.com.au though, so this was the first weight loss board that popped up when I searched.

Okay, a little about me! I'm 28 years old (29 in December) and I currently weigh about 120kg. My goal weight is about 55kg I'd reckon. I've got a pretty small build, I just carry heaps too much weight on it at the moment! I'm a social worker who is currently working on getting her Master's degree in Social Work. I work and attend school, both full time. So I'm pretty flat out lately! I've got two nephews and two nieces (all between 1 and 7) and they are my very reason for being. I love them heaps and will likely talk about them regularly. I reckon that's about all for now. I look forward to getting to know all of you soon!
Elle
28 y/o - 169cm - 120kgish - GW:55kg
Auntie

Re: Another new person :)

Postby Jisgone » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:49 pm

Welcome along!

We are exactley the same height and pretty much the same age and weight :) only my goal weight is 65kgs which is about in the middle of my healthy weight range. Being 55kgs would put my bmi at 19 which i really dont think is gonna happen haha
Good luck with your weight loss, this place is a wealth of information and has some wonderful and inspiring people.

Jewles
Jisgone

Postby Auntie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi Jewles! That is so cool that we've got so much in common :) I think I'm going to like it here!
Elle
Auntie

Postby Jisgone » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Im sure you will! its a bit quiet around here at the moment but give it a few months and we will be flooded with a million new members all with new year resolutions :P
Jisgone

Postby Auntie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Oh no doubt, ay! Is it all Aussies here? Am I the only one not currently down under?
Elle
Auntie

Postby Jisgone » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:12 pm

We have a few people from other countries, but most are aussies.
Have you got a weight loss plan of attack? calorie counting or jenny craig or anything like that?
Jisgone

Postby Auntie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:16 pm

No, but I know I should! I have a LONG and sordid history with weight loss. I've lost heaps and gained heaps and done it in good ways and in bad and done actual plans. The one I am most comfortable with (without falling into bad bad traps) is Calorie Restriction.
Elle
Auntie

Postby Jisgone » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:21 pm

Im the same, last year I got down to 85 kilos then a year later was back up to 120kgs. Its a horrible cycle!
Calorie king is an awesome resource, the australian version is free and alot of us around here use it :) It can become a bit obsessive counting and weighing everything tho.
Jisgone

Postby Jasminena » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:15 pm

Jewles wrote:Calorie king is an awesome resource, the australian version is free and alot of us around here use it :)

8) Cool I Might look that one up, thanks ....

Welcome to you too Elle, and thank you in return for your warm welcome on my intro post! :lol: good luck with your "plan"!

Jas

Why oh why is it so damb hard to be healthy?????? :-(
Jasminena

Postby sarahm » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:13 am

hi auntie-welcome! what's it like over there in canada? have you lived there long? have always wanted to visit there. i have had yo-yo weight over the years also..so difficult! this is a great forum..very supportive. wishing you all the very best. :)
sarahm

Postby Auntie » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi Sarah :)
I have only been back in Canada since June of this year but I was born and raised here. I moved to Australia a few years ago and LOVED it. Unfortunately for me, the company that sponsored my visa went bankrupt so I got deported. Canada is a very similar country to Australia, just colder really LOL. Different wildlife. Swap moose for roos and snow for sunshine and that's about the only difference. LOL!
I wish you all the best too! :)
Elle
Auntie

Return to Introductions