It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:30 am

Free Newsletter

I've come so far, but need more motivation to keep going

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I've come so far, but need more motivation to keep going

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:42 am

Hi Everyone - what a fabulous site! I was a member of a different weight loss forum and it has become quite dead of late, so I've branched out and decided to join this one because I'm in need of some serious motivation at the moment.

I joined Weight Watchers at the beginning of 2005, weighing in at 112.9kg! Over the course of time I've managed to drop a significant amount of weight and at my lowest I was about 81kg. In the last 6 months though, I've lost motivation to keep going and reach goal. And so as a result, the weight has slowly crept back up to 85-86kg. Not a major gain, I know, but still significant enough to make me worry and hopefully get back on the wagon.

So here I am, joining the forum so that I can find motivation and get back on track. I'm going overseas at the beginning of Dec and would ideally like to be a 70's girl by then. So that's my goal.

I've also started to set mini-goals for myself again, so that I can get back into healthy habits rather than just succumbing to every piece of food that is put in front of me.

Look forward to getting you know all better and sifting my way through the posts, so that I can familiarise myself with everyone.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Mandie » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:44 am

Hi Kate!

Welcome aboard!

Congratulations on what you have achieved so far, that's fantastic!

Good luck on your journey.

If you want a ticker, there's details on how to do it in the "General" forum. ALthough, Dolly usually posts a link here so probably by tonight she will have done that!

I'm sure you'll find the motivation and support you are looking for here.

Have a great time!
Mandie

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:47 am

Aha Mandie - as soon as I left my post, I figured I should add my ticker in to my signature so that everyone can see my progress at 1st glance. So that's already done - great minds think alike.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Ally » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:57 am

Hi Kate and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss so far. It is great that you are doing something about your small gain before it becomes a problem!!
You will find plenty of support and motivation here!! Good luck on your weight loss goal of being a 70's girl before you go overseas. You will get there with strength and determination and making good food choices!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:27 am

Hi Magicgirl, Congratulations on your weight loss so far .

Glad you found this site, it certainly is very motivational. :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:57 am

Hi Magicgirl, good to have you with us, how exciting to be going overseas in
December and what a great incentive to lose weight. I'm sure if you stay focused
on the WW program or whichever one you're doing now you're sure to be 70 something for your trip Image
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:57 pm

Hi kate :)

another kate!! yay!!! welcome to the group, its great to have a forum like this to motivate you and keep you on track and accountable for your decisions when it comes to food choices and exercise etc. feel free to join in wherever and whenever and best of luck with your continued weightloss journey.
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:13 pm

Hello Kate and welcome to the forum.

You will find plenty of support here. There are also challenges and diaries so feel free to jump in where you like.

Well done on your fantastic weight loss to date and good luck with your continued weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:43 pm

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome. I'm feeling more motivated already! And I've stuck to my daily goal so far of not eating any chocolate and drinking 2 litres of water (actually I think I've had almost 3 litres).
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Ally » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:19 am

Now we have 3 Kate's!! There is another Kate in intro's as well...will have to name you K1, K2 & K3!! LOL :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby carlton » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:30 am

Hi Kate,

Good to see you here. I've been a member of this site for ages but haven't been here lately.

Good luck with your weight loss journey and I know you can get past this plateau and get to your goal weight.

Its good to see you and Jodie are here too.
carlton

Re: I've come so far, but need more motivation to keep going

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:42 am

Hi Everyone....

Well perhaps if I had of stuck around this site 18 months ago I wouldn't have returned to where I am now. I am currently back up to 98kg. That's a 10kg gain in 18 months and I've decided that I need the support of a forum to keep me motivated and sticking with it.

Reading my orginal post in this topic makes me wonder how the hell I let myself go from being 81kg back up to 98kg??? All that hard work I put in in the first place has just been thrown out the window. I feel like a naughty school kid who has just made the dumbest mistake of their life.

Anyway, no point dwelling on the past. Life starts today.

So to all those people who might remember me from 18 months ago (if there are any members who've been around that long) I say "I'm back!". To everyone else, I say "Hello. Please help me to get back down to 81kg and beyond, all the way to my goal!"
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Mandie » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:50 pm

welcome back! it's okay, falling off the wagon happens to most of us at some point - the important thing is to stop it and reverse it and just go back to being healthy! on the bright side, you didn't put back on all the weight.. still in double digits! this is fixable.. you gotta start now :)

you can do this!
Mandie

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:57 pm

Welcome back Kate :P

I wasn't here 18 months ago, but I wish I was!! I could've been at my goal by now..?!

You've taken the first step by coming back on here...you'll do great!

Best of luck
xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby MagicGirl79 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:44 am

Thanks for welcoming me back!!!
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Next

Return to Introductions