It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:15 am

Free Newsletter

Hi all

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi all

Postby Kimba » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a 24 y o female trying to get down to my happy weight! :D

I have slowly but surely been gaining weight over the past few years and I am now at the point where I find myself avoiding going out and doing things I would normally love to do because I am unhappy with the way I look. I have already lost a few kilos over the past couple of weeks though and I can't believe how much better I feel already! Can't wait to be comfortable enough to get into a bikini again!

My biggest problem (aside from chocolate addiction) is my IMPATIENCE! :?

How do you guys manage to stay patient and hang in there on such a long journey? I am not struggling with sticking to it at all, just trying not to weigh myself 3 times a day and get disspointed when I haven't magically lost all the weight already! :lol:

Also, has anyone had experience with weight loss saboteurs? There are a few women I work with who clearly hope that I fail (doing things like going on and on about how delicious someone's birthday cake is or even shoving the cake under my nose), it only makes me more determined so I guess I should thank them!

Well, thanks for reading, I'd love to hear some of your stories if anyone would like to chat.
Kimba

Re: Hi all

Postby miss_viva » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi Kimba, and welcome to the forums!

Congratulations on losing a few kilos already, it's great that you're starting to feel better about yourself already. In relation to 'impatience', I definately feel impatient at times and wish that I was already at my goal weight, but at least I'm on my way there now :) I just try and remember that old saying that 'we don't put on all these excess kilos overnight, and we don't lose it that way either. That really struck a chord with me, because before I used to lose a few kilos, and then just end up getting frustrated when my weightloss stalled. I'd then end up thinking 'well, I'm trying and nothing is coming off!' and then end up binge eating and putting it all back on again. Now I realise that even if I slip up and eat something 'bad', it doesn't mean I'm going to undo all that I've done so far. But it's also important to get back on track and keep eating healthily, rather than just give and reach for the chocolate!

I won't bore you (and everyone else!) with my story again, but if you want to have a read through sometime, I've posted an introduction somewhere in this section of the board, and I usually update my thread under the 'personal progress' section.

I haven't had any experience with weightloss saboteurs, so I don't really have any tips for you there. Maybe just think about how that cake is going to end up on their hips instead of theirs? :D Ultimately you're your own person though, and you have to make the decisions that you think are best for you. Maybe if you know someone at work is going to be having a birthday, you can eat a little less/do more excercise a few days before, and then share a small piece of cake? Or if your work place is the kind where they regularly have morning teas etc with tempting food, maybe you could bring something else to eat? Eg. light biscuits etc, or volunteer to bake a birthday cake and make a low fat one? I have no idea, just throwing a few suggestions out there!

All the best with your weightloss, just yell out if you need anything :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Kimba » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:00 am

Thanks Miss Viva! Apprieciate your help and suggestions! :D
Kimba

Postby Daisybeck » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi Kimba,

In terms of impatience, I just try not to think about my weight loss plan too much. I find if I think about it a lot I just seem to set myself up for failure. I've made a long term committment to myself to get my excess weight off and get healthy and I sat myself down for an hour or two at the start and had a darned good, realistic look at myself and made myself have realistic expectations of how long it was going to take me. I also find that doing excercise that you don't consider a chore is beneficial. I go for a long walk after work. My job is stressful and my evening walk is my way to wind down and get my head together. I live in a dodgy neighbourhood and so I drive out to a safer place about five minutes away where I park the car and then walk along a back road where there's wildflowers, trees, horses and all kinds of pretty stuff to make it a more pleasureable experience. Just find something you enjoy and look forward to at a time of day that suits you.

Welcome and best of luck with yout goals.

:)
Daisybeck

Postby Kimba » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:06 am

Thanks Daisybeck! Great advice, I am feeling so much better from my weightloss to date so I'm trying to focus on that and just relax about the whole thing.

All the best.
Kimba

Postby Daisybeck » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:52 pm

Hi again Kimba,

You'll do fine. Just trust in yourself that you can do it and persevere. We're all in the same boat here.

:)
Daisybeck

Return to Introductions