It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:50 am

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Redbirdy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi all,

It's actually a lot harder than I thought to write an intro about myself. I guess I'll start with a few details.. my name is Kel, I'm 27 years old and live in beautiful Tasmania. I am a typical yoyo dieter.. over the years I've had my 'thin moments' but most of the time I'm at least 10-15kg's overweight. I tend to obsess over food and think about it all the time. Food has been my friend but also my worst enemy! I started Weight Watchers a couple of weeks ago and ended up putting on 2.5kgs.. ok so I haven't really been following it and I've been binging on chocolate.. and chips.. going out for lots of dinners and drinks. I keep telling myself I'll 'start tomorrow' and then eat heaps of food that night. I tend to start going really well on diets and then sabotage it.. sometimes I think i'm scared of being thin? I dunno. Anyway it's time to put an end to all of this nonsense. I am sick of letting food control my life and it's time for me to be in the drivers seat and to take control. I was diagnosed with Coeliac disease last year and I lost a bit of weight simply from giving up a lot of processed foods that I was eating. Now that i've discovered what 'yummy and naughty' foods I can have and have got into the habit of drinking too much, the weight has crept back on. I'm sick of my weight holding me back from things I want to do and achieve.. now that I'm feeling yucky in myself I don't even feel like going out anymore..

Anyway.. this is the first step I guess. I know I have a problem and I want to do something about it. It's quite psychological for me and I really have to work on getting my head in the right place. I'm looking forward to chatting and supporting you all on this forum :)

Thanks for reading :D

Re: hi

Postby Aylilth » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:57 am

Welcome Kel,

I wish you luck along the way, it's hard. But I'm sure we can all do it. I'm new here as well and liking it.

Hope to chat more soon. :mrgreen:

Come follow me on my blog

Postby Denita » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:12 am

Hi Kel and welcome,

wow reading your intro sounded so familar to me! Food being a freind and all the yoyo bingeing stuff. Hope you are going well so far and you find all the support you need in here!

Goal Weight: 48kgs

Postby Kimba » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi Kel,

You sound very similar to me too! Thinking/obsessing about food has always been a big problem for me, I started Lite n' Easy (not that it would be suitable for you as a coeliac) a few weeks back and although it is tough at times not to have all the chocolates and sweets I'm used to, I find not having to count points or actually think to much about food helps with the food obsession, I just know that I eat what I'm given and don't need to think about food anymore (but i'm an all or nothing kind of person).

On another note, did you have the scope and everything for Coeliac disease? I only ask because I went through some dramas a few years back when I had the blood test which said I was gluten intolerant and I was too scared to have the scope (my doctor told me that the blood test tells you if you are gluten intolerant and the scope if you are coeliac - which I now know is wrong), so I ended up eating gluten free for 4 years before getting sick again and finding out I wasn't actually gluten intolerant at all and the blood tests aren't definite!

I know what you mean with the finding yummy/unhealthy alternatives too, when I first went gluten free I lost weight, until I discovered all the yum gf biscuits and cakes!

Anyway, I'll stop blabbing on, just interesting to hear similarities in your story!

All the best with your weight loss! :D

Return to Introductions