It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Back and literally bigger than ever!! :(

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Back and literally bigger than ever!! :(

Postby GoingToBeAHottie » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:36 pm

OK, so since joining this forum well over a year ago I have put on weight rather than lost weight!
I'm back to my largest and feeling worse than ever!!! :(

I went out with friends on Saturday night and for some reason this time everything just came crashing down around me! Even tho I have been dancing many time in the past year (including in Europe a couple of months ago!!), this time was different....
I can't really put my finger on why but as I looked around and saw what my friends were wearing (typical for any 20-something - pretty, short dresses) and then looked at what I was wearing.....wow.....I have never felt more uncomfortable in my own skin and I NEED this to be the time I am going to finally lose ALL of the weight (not just some of it like every other time!).

I have no idea where to start, what diets to try etc etc so if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appareciate it!!

Thank you in advance,
Andrea :)
GoingToBeAHottie

Re: Back and literally bigger than ever!! :(

Postby Gordz » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:39 pm

welcome back kiddo! dancing is a great start for weightloss!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby largemummy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:17 pm

hey GTBAH,
thanks for the post on my page, sounds like we are at a very similar place in our weight loss journey! hopefully this time we can both make it stick. im checking into a weekly weight loss on the challenges page every monday, and hoping that will keep me on track, so far a 600g loss in a week for first week, this week i am going to try harder but have already had KFC for dinner LOL hopefully in a year we can look back at this and laugh.
if you wanna be my weightloss buddy i will be here for you!!!
i believe we can do it!!!! my goal is going to be 80kgs... if i can get there then i will re evaluate how i am feeling and if i want to go smaller but first mini goal will be to lose 10kg before my birthday in april!!!! fingers crossed i can do it!!!!!
:D whats your goals??? how are you trying to lose??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Postby GoingToBeAHottie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:28 pm

oh thanks guys! Good to be back!!

largemummy- would love to be your weightloss buddy! :) It would be great to have contact with someone that is in the same boat as me!!
I haven't really decided what I'm going to do to tackle the weight problem yet. I've tried all of the main weightloss programs (weight watchers, jenny craig etc) and obviously none of them have really worked for me! lol
My friend suggested http://www.calorieking.com.au which I have never tried before so I might give that a go! My friend lost a fair bit of weight using this so got nothing to lose i suppose!!Obviously exercise is also a big part of the weightloss journey so I will have to up the anty on that one! I've been going to the gym for a while but have just gotten really slack as of late and plus I have a broken toe at the moment so can't do much until that has healed!
My long term goal is 80kg as well (i think we're twins! haha) but like you I will evaluate this when I get there and I dare say I will want to drop maybe and extra 5 kg or something. It's been soooooo long since I've been that weight so I can't really remember how I looked or felt so it's a bit hard to tell! I think I would just be happy being a size 12-14 to be perfectly honest! Time will tell :)
What in particular are you doing to get the weight off??
GoingToBeAHottie

Postby Czarina » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:30 pm

Take your friend's advice and go for Calorie King! It works! It has absolutely changed my life and I've never looked back. It is healthy, sustainable weight loss and not a diet. A lifestyle change is what keeps the weight off.

Good luck. :D
Czarina

Postby GoingToBeAHottie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:14 pm

Thanks Czarina! Will definitely give it a try then! If it's worked for you and my friend then that's enough for me to give it a go! :mrgreen:
GoingToBeAHottie

Postby largemummy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:49 am

Hi GTBAH,
LOL we could be twins... now which one is the evil one lol (sorry to much simpsons over the years)
Well im just getting into the weightloss and trying to find something that works for me, i was untill last month breast feeding my daughter and didnt loose a thing (gained :oops: more than when i was pregnant), i started to try calorie king but got slack, so all im trying to do is eat more, add a bit more protein in the diet and i work in a womens only gym (contours) 2-3 times a week as a fitness instructor and if im not working there i try to get there to do a work out( but usually dont get there, depending on my mum as babysitter) but i love going to work as i get a workout jumping around with the ladies showing them different mooves so for 3 hours my heart rate is right up, i try to get in to do weight training at least 2 times a week which i find is helping, i got an official weigh and measure at work and the 8th of sep 09 i have lost 2.4kgś and 21.5cmś all over which is good but i want more lol...
what sort of things do u do at the gym? you could do weight training on your arms while you have a broken toe even if its cans of baked beans at home any sort of weight training is better than nothing!!!!!
I think give calorie king a go i just keep forgetting to log on and put everything in... plus i had KFC3 days in a row for dinner over the weekend lol
Chat to you soon i better get ready for work while bub is asleep!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Return to Introductions