It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:57 am

Free Newsletter

Time to get off the rollercoaster!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Time to get off the rollercoaster!

Postby piglet72 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:43 pm

I stumbled across this website tonight and having read through some of the discussions I realised this is where I need to be if I'm going to be successful in conquering my weight loss.

I've been dieting all my life and have always managed to lose weight successfully. However, after having 2 children, I seem to be struggling with all aspects of weight loss. Over the past 9 months I have tried to lose weight - losing a few kgs, then putting it back on and more. Instead of losing my desired 10+ kgs, I have gained 12+ kgs!!!

I only saw the 'real' me in the mirror last week and couldn't believe how big I am (strange how we don't see it creep on and only realise when it's too late!). I'm devastated as I've never been this size before and I feel incredibly embarrassed and uncomfortable when I see my friends and family, knowing exactly what they're thinking about me!!

So for the sake of myself, my marriage and my kids.....it's time to do something about it.

Hopefully I will find the motivation and support I need from this forum.

Kate :cry:
Kate

[/url]
piglet72

Postby Dolly » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:37 am

Image Hi Kate, welcome to the fourm.
Dolly

Postby Ally » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:15 am

Hiya Kate and welcome to the forum....there is plenty of support here and there are challenges that you can join in with if you choose to....it is all up to you!! Good luck with your weight loss journey, you are not alone, we are here to help you through :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:30 am

Hello Kate and welcome to the forum.

Don't be down you have found a place where there is plenty of support and challenges to help motivate you.

Feel free to jump in wherever you are comfortable.

All the best on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:35 am

Hi kate
another kate! this is awesome! lol.

welcome to the group. i had my first child last december and i find that being a sahm mum i put on lots of weight from eating junk food because it was quick to grab whilst inbetween baths, changing the baby, feeding, sleeping and housework. its easy to slip into that habit, but let me tell you, it is AWESOME to get out out of that habit too and to see a healthier and happier person emerging beneath the baggy clothes!!!

good luck and keep us updated :)
kate_turner2000

Postby MagicGirl79 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:16 pm

Hi Kate - don't be too down on yourself. The more negative we are towards our self image, the less likely I think we are to make change.

You need to be positive and tackle this head on. You've made the 1st positive step in joining this wonderful forum and I'm sure you will make many more positive steps along the way.

Good luck!
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby piglet72 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:02 pm

Wow! What an overwhelming response. Thank you all for your kind words and support.

I will keep you updated on my progress.

Kate :wink:
Kate

[/url]
piglet72

Return to Introductions