It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Free Newsletter

Another Newbie

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another Newbie

Postby skinny on the inside » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi there

I'm new so thought I would say hello. I have 27kg to lose after having a baby (baby is now 17 months old!!!!) I haven't had much of a look at the forum topics & posts yet but I'm looking forward to joining in. :)
New starting weight: 94.1 kg
First goal: to get under 90 kg's
Next goal: 85 kg by end of Feb
Short term goal: 70 kg by end of Jun
Long term goal: 60 kg by X-Mas

skinny on the inside

Re: Another Newbie

Postby miss_viva » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi Skinny :)

Welcome to the forums! Have a look around, there's lots of interesting and inspirational things to read, and some really great stories. How are you planning to lose your weight?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby largemummy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:03 pm

hi skinny,
welcome, my daughter is nearly 15 months old and i have aout 25kgs to loose to get to pre pregnancy weight then another 30 to get to healthy weight range lol...
check out the forums and i look forward to seeing your journey progress take care!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Postby skinny on the inside » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:34 pm

Hi ladies,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome.

Miss Viva - congrats on your weight loss so far..WOW!! As for your question in regard to how I plan on losing the weight...everyday I wake up with a plan but somehow it always seems to allude me halfway through the day :( . I'm planning on walking most days & I'm looking at hiring a cross trainer to use at home when my son is asleep. What I have to control is the "boredom eating" & the negative thoughts such as "I've got too much to lose, it's too hard" & "I'm not that fat really...am I??".

I've battled with my weight pretty much my whole life but when you have a small child it's that much harder to just get into gear and do the exercise needed because everything revolves around them. I guess that I'm just using that as an excuse though. I've had a pretty rough time emotionally since having my son as I have had post natal depression & suffer quite badly from anxiety & as a result I just can't seem to get motivated to lose the weight which ironically will make me feel better!!!

I'm hoping that I will be able to report happy weight loss news in the coming weeks. :D

skinny on the inside

Postby largemummy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:37 am

hi skinny,
i hear ya with getting the motivation with a little one, its so much easier to say to yourself that its pointless to go for a walk because its nap time/ feed time or bubs to cranky (i know i have said the same thing for the past 15 months to) but once you get going i find i feel much better!
are you getting help for your PND and anxiety?
i have suffered from PND anxiety and post traumatic stress syndrome since bubs birth and i visit the Child and family health nurse once a month for a check up, i havent been medicated as yet as i am self treating with exercise and positive affirmations and it is working for me but i found i improved after i stopped expressing milk ever 3 hours for my daughter last month(she never breast fed(latching problems) and i chose for her not to have formula only breast milk for 14 months).
i found that i used food as a comfort with PND PTS and anxiety and my poor hubby thought he was doing the right thing buying me a family pack of chocolate and chips nearly every afteernoon after work, until he realised i was getting worse as i was in a cycle of eating to feel better but it would just make me feel worse in the long run!
i have actually since i stopped lactating started having a protien bar type thing from my gym called carbless i eat a coc fudge browie or strawberry cheesecake bar while watching tv before bed with a 750 ml bottle of water and that stops my sweet cravings and snacking at night!!!so that might be something for you to look into for late night tempations when bub has finally settled for the night!!!
if you need to talk im always around!!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Postby mel16976 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:17 am

Hi Skinny
Motivation and persistence are so important when it comes to weight loss. I see it daily when people may not be seeing the results that they want and theire motivation slips. Like all aspects of our life their will be days when your motivation levels are extremely low and on those days try to go for a walk even if it is only for 15min, you'll feel heaps better after doing it. Mindset is so important when losing weight, be positive because once those kgs start to come off you'll be at a stage where you won't let anything stand in your way to get to your goal weight. Successful weight loss doesn't happen overnight. Concentrate on changing your habits, more then what your scales say and i time the scales will refects the changes. Have a solid support group. Pre plan your meals, this lemits temptation for quick takeaway. If you can don't keep goodies you can't resist in the cupboard, if you have to actually go out to buy them when a craving hits, you'll be less likely to do it. Always shop with a list and it can be hard, but you need to try to stick to buying only what is on the list. Above all else persistance and consistancy are the most important aspects. If you experience a plateau or have had a bad week, don't waste time worrying about it, just stick with your program adn try mixing it up a little and you'll get there. I have found doing weight loss challenges that 90% of people like to start by using a weight loss program to kick start their weight loss and by doing so have achieved awesome results.
mel16976

Postby skinny on the inside » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi again,

LargeMummy - I am on medication for the PND & anxiety which is helping. I also recently had some counselling but the onus is on me to change my way of thinking. At the moment I feel like I'm in a black hole of unhappiness & it's affecting my relationship with hubby & worse, I am not enjoying being a Mum to my gorgeous little boy :cry: . I know that losing the weight will make me a happier person but I just can't seem to get my big fat backside into gear :x

Mel19676 - Thanks for all the tips, I'm going to write some of those down.

Tomorrow is a new day. I'm going to go for a walk with my son & eat healthy.

skinny on the inside

Return to Introductions