It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:09 am

Free Newsletter

New forum member + New Mission Begins!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New forum member + New Mission Begins!!

Postby julzmusic » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:02 pm

Hey guys my name is Julia, I live in Melbourne Victoria.
I was never a heavy person growing up, only in the passed year or two have I really let my weight take over.
Owning a horse from 2004 - 2007 constantly kept me fit and healthy, according to the BMI for my age and height I was considered healthy if not underweight. However due to expenses and a bad relationship with my last horse I have really unfortunately distanced myself from the equestrian world, once your in it, your duties to ride and be actively involved are not only joyful and expected but also hard to ignore. However now that I do not have my own horse, finding the time and convinience to fit in and ride other peoples horses is growing increasingly difficult!! Horse riding was my one method of keeping fit and keeping the weight off, as i generally worked off what I ate, and didn't eat that much junk food anyway. I caught the bus everywhere or walked to school at that time, I was generally out and about and a lot healthier than I am now.
Now that I have my own car and the convinence of takeaway restaurants in a busy schedual has become a little to close to home, it's been hard to make any real progress with weight loss and effective exercise. The biggest thing I find that holds me back is my eczema, the second I begin to sweat, all over my body, my chronic eczema begins to flare up, making the aftermath of exercise almost painful and stressful enough to not want to do it again. The worst part is, eczema will flare up on my body due to an allergic reaction almost to my sweat on my skin!!! This is quite a painful obstacle when you're trying to exercise in more ways than just walking.

However I am going to now try to eat healthier and drink plenty of water to flush out the bad properties and acids that may be present in my body, so those bad acids don't come out in my sweat and disturb my skin! I want to be back down to 60kg again, from my current 85kg. I want to comfortably be able to juggle between size 10 and size 12 instead of feeling depressed whenever someone suggests we go clothes shopping!!!
I want to be fit and healthy, and able to endure more physical activities and stress than what I can currently deal with, and I want to be able to feel comfortable being up on stage when I am performing (I am a singer/songwriter) I want to be comfortable with how I look, how I am percieved by others and how I present. I loved modeling however the weight gain has really begun to get me down.
I believe that through being on this forum, and tracking my weight loss progress, I will be able to achieve the goals I so desire to achieve!!
So i'd like to introduce myself and thank you in advance for any people willing to support me through my journey and with my questions!!
Thanks again look forward to meeting some of you and finding out especially if anyone else has had to deal with skin flare ups due to exercise and how they've combatted these issues!!

PS: Sorry for my essay length introduction.
www.myspace.com/julzeppingstall - Check out my original songs (rough demo recordings)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCQMIVd/]
[/url]
julzmusic

Re: New forum member + New Mission Begins!!

Postby julzmusic » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:04 pm

oh, by acids i meant toxins in regards to sweat!! Was abit lost for words, couldn't remember the one i was after ;)
www.myspace.com/julzeppingstall - Check out my original songs (rough demo recordings)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCQMIVd/]
[/url]
julzmusic

Postby sarahm » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:16 pm

hi there! welcome to the forums..good to meet new people! you should find lots of interesting and supportive posts on here. i am always happy to have a chat! wishing you all the best! :)
sarahm

Postby Aylilth » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:13 am

Weclome!!!

Very supportive ppl here, and best of luck
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wngemn5/]
[/url]

Come follow me on my blog
Aylilth

Postby court » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:02 am

Hey julzmusic!
I struggle with eczma but only in one spot on my body, under one arm and it is toturous when it flares up! I know what you mean by the sweat itch! :roll:
I read this book recently all about an "eczma diet" not sure how much you have read up on it but I was only reading this book in my lunch break once when the book man came past with it!! It was very very interesting and was written by a woman who wrote it because her child had every food allergy and eczma related illnes known to man! I will try and find the details of the book unless you have read it already..
What about swimming? Would that effect your eczma?
court

Return to Introductions