It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:25 am

Free Newsletter

I've returned for a new weightloss challenge!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I've returned for a new weightloss challenge!

Postby workinprogress » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi All,

My name's Kristina and I joined this forum a few years back when I initially embarked on my weight loss journey. I succeeded in my goals at the time but due to a personal tragedy I stacked on the kilos and am pretty much back to where I started. I am an emotional eater!

Nevertheless, I am determined to have a go at shedding the weight. My wedding is on the 1st of May, 2010 and I will not be this weight at my wedding, I WILL weigh less, no exceptions.

My ultimate goal is 55kg, but getting to 60kg for the wedding is great by my books so I'll see how I go. At the end of the day I just want to feel good and stop hating my body. I really want to embrace a happier, healthier me that far surpasses the wedding day.

When I was 18 I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and it has been pure hell since I became a teenager because of this disease. It affects your moods, your appearance, your reproductive system, your life if you don't gain control of it. Researching this disease and also from personal experience I realise that I am addicted to sugar but at the same time very sensitive to its effects. I am slowly cutting sugar out, it's getting there but if I have a bit (like Christmas dessert the other day..) I find that I need more very quickly and I fall off the wagon very easily.

My plan: Eat small (150-300 cals) meals that contain protein every 2-3 hours. From 6am to 6pm daily. Exercise 30 minutes a day, mixture of cardio and resistance. This worked last time, I shed about 6kg in 3 weeks and never felt hungry or deprived. Today I bought myself a 3kg tub of a good quality fat burning protein shake, am going to stock up on the tuna and greek yoghurt then I'm set to go!

Anyway, thought I'd share my story and plan with all the lovely people on this board. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope that we can all reach our ultimate goals! The people on this board were a great support last time and I hope that I can return the favour this time around.

Thanks!

'When you stop hurting your body, your body will stop hurting you.'

Kristina
workinprogress

Re: I've returned for a new weightloss challenge!

Postby lng86 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:53 pm

It seems like you have thoughts about how you are going to achieve your goals in much detail.

I am sure that you will be a stunning bride!!!

Best of luck with your weight loss goals,
Lauren
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Return to Introductions