It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi :) Doing it the healthy way.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi :) Doing it the healthy way.

Postby gemini13 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a 27 year old female, and I've put on 20kg over the last 3 years which I'm really not proud of. Now I'm determined to lose it. When I weighed myself last week I was 88kg! That started the ball rolling as I've never been this heavy.
This is my final year of Uni and I would love to be the same weight as I was when I started in 2007 when I graduate in April 2011.

In the past I've been on liver cleansing and other diets that cut out food groups or elements, purely for health reasons, which have coincidentally caused weight loss. I have traditionally put more weight back on once I start eating normally again though. However, having gone from gym-junkie to party-animal-cross-couch-potato once I started Uni without adjusting my diet accordingly, I am now suffering the consequences.

My goal: To fit into my old clothes again (specifically a gorgeous size 10 dress I bought 3 years ago which has never been worn!)
My motivation: To prevent health problems associated with obesity.
My method: Exercise at least 5 times per week (no set time, type or intensity at this early stage, because I figure that some is better than none!) Reduce meal portion size to fit in with recommended daily energy intake for a healthy BMI. Allow one day per week for special treats like cheese and biscuits (or a glass of wine) with portion control.

I look forward to sharing my journey with you and also welcome any motivational tips you have for me :)
gemini13

Re: Hi :) Doing it the healthy way.

Postby court » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Hey gemini - check out http://www.calorieking.com.au it is the best way of calculating the energy your individual body needs to input and output everyday!
I firmly believe that it is 80% about food and 20% about exercise :) Get your diet in order, do some light exercise and drink plenty of water and the reulsts will speak for themselves!

Good luck
court

Postby Czarina » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:14 pm

What Court said!

CK is fabulous and it's free! And it works. :mrgreen:
Czarina

Postby fi_112 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:08 pm

Good luck!!! Never give up .. that's the key :)
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby miss_viva » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Hi Gemini :)

Welcome to the forums! Good luck with your goals, it sounds like you've got the right frame of mind and a health approach to weight loss!

We're about the same age and weight, so maybe we can help each other stay motivated :)

All the best,

miss_viva
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby gemini13 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:21 am

Thanks for the referral to calorieking! Looks like a good site with some helpful and supportive information. Really appreciate it :) I'm going to give it a go and see whether I can keep up with it. May be difficult when I go away though and don't have internet access, but hopefully by then I have worked out roughly what my average intake/ expenditure is.

Sure thing, miss viva! I need all the motivation and support I can get! Looking forward to hearing how your weight loss journey is going.
gemini13

Postby Czarina » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:29 pm

gemini13 wrote:Thanks for the referral to calorieking! Looks like a good site with some helpful and supportive information. Really appreciate it :) I'm going to give it a go and see whether I can keep up with it. May be difficult when I go away though and don't have internet access, but hopefully by then I have worked out roughly what my average intake/ expenditure is.

Sure thing, miss viva! I need all the motivation and support I can get! Looking forward to hearing how your weight loss journey is going.

CK is great, you won't regret it, it has certainly changed my life!

You can buy a little calorie counter book at newsagents and most book shops, that's what I rely on when I'm away from the internet. You can also buy CK software, which is half price at the moment, I think I may invest in that myself!

Good luck. :D
Czarina

Postby miss_viva » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:19 pm

Excellent, I usually post in Personal Progress, so feel free to drop by and say hi sometime if you want. CK is great, I've been looking up a few things lately and it's so interesting to see exactly what we eat on a daily basis!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Return to Introductions