It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:15 am

Free Newsletter

I'm new and determined to change my life for the better

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm new and determined to change my life for the better

Postby liz55 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi,

My name is Liz and I am new to the forums. I am almost 23 years old and am ashamed to admit that i have been obese for most of my life. This is all changing. I have made a committment to myself that I am going to create a healthier, happier and better life for myself.

I am currently 110kg and hopefully that won't be for too much longer. My ultimate goal weight is 55 kg which I would like to achieve before my 24th birthday.

Areas that i know I need to work on are eating the right foods, correcting my portions sizes... i am a major overeater..., including exercise into each day and improving my self image as what i think about myself has always destroyed my attempts to lose weight in the past.

I plan to set small goals along the way to achieve big! In the past, I have also lacked the motivation to keep going but I am hoping that reading about everyone else's successes will give me a push in the right direction when i need it. I also want to stay positive as negative has taken me nowhere but i might need some help with that one!

best of luck to everyone... we all deserve better.
liz55

Re: I'm new and determined to change my life for the better

Postby miss_viva » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi Liz, and welcome :)

Your story reminds me a lot of myself - I have been overweight/obese for as long as I can remember, and I actually started my journey here at a higher weight than you are now. I've found this site to be really helpful, and everyone here is really friendly and supportive.

If you're looking for information on portion sizes/calories etc, a lot of people suggest using Calorie King (http://www.calorieking.com.au) for nutritional advice and diet plans. I haven't used it that much, but I've been looking some things up lately and it's a really handy and useful tool. Interesting too - sometimes you think you're eating well and doing the right thing, only to find out it's higher in calories than expected!

I've tried to lose weight numerous times in the past, and this is the only time I've been successful. I think you really have to be in the right frame of mind, and doing it for yourself and no other reasons. It looks like you're ready to take that step, and I wish you all the best!

Feel free to drop me a message if you need anything along the way, i usually post in Personal Progress.

Good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Carley » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:54 am

Good luck, you can do it, stay positive and you will succeed :)
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby liz55 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Thanks for the support girls! :D It's nice to feel like there are people on my side. I've decided only to tell a select few people about what I am trying to achieve because I found in the past that they're really unsupportive and there are a couple of people who try to sabotage my efforts so I figure if they don't know then that eliminates one major factor for me throwing the towel in. I am going to be fit and healthy and it's nice sharing it with people who understand and have the same goal.

Miss Viva checked out your progress thread. You go girl!!! You are doing awesome! It's actually nice reading everyone's progress and seeing that it is possible you've just got to make it happen and make it a priority.
liz55

Postby Czarina » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:20 pm

I had the same starting weight as you. It is possible to get to where you want to be! :D

How tall are you? Have you checked out what your healthy BMI range is?

I second checking out Calorie King, it has changed my life! The best thing of all is it free! Not to mention healthy and sustainable, you get to eat real, everyday food and lots of it. Check it out! 8)

Good luck, and enjoy the forum. :mrgreen:
Czarina

Postby miss_viva » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:50 pm

Thanks a lot for the nice comments :)

Don't you hate those unsupportive people?! They just make things so much harder. Perhaps they'll support you more when they notice you're losing weight and you're serious about it this time! You're right, you really need to make yourself a priority, and it's great that you're trying to work on your self-confidence and body image. To some extent I think it's not so much about what you look like, but actually how you feel inside. I still have days where I look at myself and think that there is no difference at all, but I still think that no matter what, I'm definately at least healthier on the inside! Are you planning on having a weekly weigh-in to monitor your progress?

Oh and Czarina, you've done so well to get where you are now, congratulations!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby liz55 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:12 am

Thanks czarina, I know it's possible. I've gotten down to into the 80's before but used work and uni as an excuse and eventually ended up stacking all of the weight back on and some more. I am not very tall at all only about 165cm. Haven't checked my bmi but I should as it's just another motivation.

I heart calorie king! It has been a god send the last week or so as I now know exactly what's going in. This place is just awesome for advice and help.

I am not sure yet whether to weigh in weekly or give it a bit longer to hopefully see a better result. In the past I have only weighed in once a month and it was always great seeing the bigger numbers... lately tho i have been weighing myself daily so at the moment a week is a good time frame. I'll see what works tho. I think it's measurements that I want to focus on and not necessarily the scales as they can be misleading.

Hope your both doing well this week!
liz55

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:08 am

Welcome to the forum, Liz. Good luck with your weight loss!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Czarina » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Yeah, CK is great. It takes the guesswork out of losing weight, you don't have to worry if you are eating too much, or too little. It has made me 'diet' in a much healthier way - now I wouldn't dream of starving myself! You just don't need to. 8)
Czarina

Postby warriorsgirl » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Hey Liz...
Our stories sound very similar! Wishing you the best on your journey :)
warriorsgirl

Postby liz55 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Thanks worriorsgirl. all the best for your journey too!
liz55

Return to Introductions