It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm back again!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm back again!

Postby emma21 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:56 pm

Hello everyone! :D

Yet again I am back for another go at this weightloss thing. Life's been busy - kids, uni, work, general life - and I had put weightloss and exercise at the bottom of the list. But it's time to make it a priority again!

I started my journey back in February 2007, 2 months after the birth of my three year old son. Weighing in at 115.7kg then I managed to get down to 82kg with kilojoule counting and exercise. The last year I have been super slack! I am guessing I am sitting around the 95kg mark. I dont want to get back into those triple figures again!

Wednesday, 27th of January 2010 is going to be my start over date. No more excuses! I will weigh on Wednesday mornings every week and take measurements once a month. Initially, I will write down what I am going to eat but will not be kilojoule counting - I simply do not have the time with everything that is going on in my life at the moment. I know how to eat healthily so it shouldnt be too hard! I will aim to exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes a day exercise and increase this when my fitness returns.

My weightloss goal is set at 70kg and I may lower this at a later stage. I'm not going to give myself 'presents' every 5kg or whatever. I figure I am giving myself a healthier lifestyle and ultimately a longer life. I am going on a cruise in October this year and have a school reunion in June so these will be my short term motivations.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you all. See you on Wednesday, if not before :wink:

Emma!
emma21

Re: I'm back again!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:02 pm

Welcome back, Emma! I think you should pat yourself on the back for not gaining too much weight while you've been away. It's easy to fall into the habit of yo-yo dieting where you regain all the weight you've lost plus extra each time you 'fall off the wagon'. The fact that you didn't regain that much, and that you're getting on top of it before you gain any more, is something to be congratulated on!

Good luck with your weight-loss goals. Your plan looks really good and I hope it works well for you. :D

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Re: I'm back again!

Postby emma21 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks Ali! So far so good... I wish I hadn't fallen off the weight loss wagon - I should have/would have been at goal by now. Not to worry, I will get there :D
emma21

Return to Introductions