It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Missyann79 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:09 am

Hello Everyone, Well I started 2009 excellent I lost over a stone, then my confidence took a knock, when I did not get a job,that I wanted.So i put the weight back on. My motivation was at a low. So this year im hoping again to loose the weight. IF ANYONE HAS GOT ANY TIPS OR ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY RECIEVED.

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:01 am

Welcome to the forum, Missy Ann!

As to any weight loss tips: the simplest one is to eat a bit less and move a bit more. The trick is finding a way to stick to it, and that really depends on individual mind-set. We all have different temptations, different lifestyles, different hobies, different work/life schedules and different needs so our solutions need to be different too. That's why there's no one-size-fits-all approach - despite what the diet industry claims. Perhaps you can talk a bit about the reasons you gained weight and we can go from there! The great thing about having a forum with so many members is that there's a good chance someone here shares similar issues and can tell you how they overcame their obstacles.

Good luck!

Postby Sunkist » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Hello Missyann

When I feel my motivation slipping due to emotional lows, I still have to fight the urge not to comfort eat, I have since last year eliminated all junk food, sweets, chocolate, chips, soft drinks from my shopping list, so, all I have in the house to pig out on as comfort food, is healthy foods, fruits, vegies. That has helped me a lot, lol, only so many apples I can eat during one of my low emotional bouts of self pity. So, when it passes, as it does, I know I haven't done too much damage, I then don't find myself beating myself up about eating when I know I am NOT hungry.

For me, listening to happy, upbeat music always helps me to stay motivated (remembering what I realy want), visualising a mental picture of myself fit and healthy as I am exercising works for me.

Good luck
cheers :) Carmen

Return to Introductions