It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:22 am

Free Newsletter

New to the forum

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New to the forum

Postby fitandhealthy2010 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi All,

I have just registered to the weight loss forum as I need tips and support to loose the last of my weight (6 kilos) and mantain it when I get there.
I am eating ok (junk food 2 times a week) and go to the gum 3-4 times a week but the scales are not going down.
I have recently completed boot camp and lost 3 kilos and became quite tonned. But 2 months after bootcamp I am still working out but no weight loss. Is anyone else experincing this? Any tips?
fitandhealthy2010

Re: New to the forum

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:49 pm

It's completely normal for weight loss to slow down when you get close to goal. I'm thinking, though, that junk food twice a week is at least once too often. High calorie food should be eating only occasionally. Unfortunately in our instant gratification society many translate that to meaning once every other day, when it really should mean once every month or so! If you don't want to give up your junk food can you switch it for something more nutritious, like the Subway low fat options?

To see what effect the junk food is having on your calorie intake it might be worthwhile signing up to Calorie King (www.calorieking.com.au). You can enter in all of your stats when you create a free profile and see how many calories they recommend you eat per day. In their food database you can search for the junk food you've been eating and see how many calories and grams of fat it contains. Trust me, it's a real eye-opener!

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your time on the forum!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Introductions