It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:04 am

Free Newsletter

Hi, Newby here :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi, Newby here :)

Postby Shellabella27 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:58 pm

Hi Guys,

Well, I have decided to do something about my weight. i have over 60kg to lose, and I am sick of putting it off untill 'tomorrow'. I recently moved 7 hours away from my friends and family, and I run my business from home, so all day I am stuck in the fridge :D I have always been a bigger girl, I have lost weight, put it on, lost weight, put it on. I had a lap band put in back in 98, which worked well, but unfortunately didnt teach me to eat well and excersize. I could have the fluid put back in that, but I really want to do this myself. I was it to last this time.

Well, I hope to get to know you all throughout my journey.

Michelle :D
Shellabella27

Re: Hi, Newby here :)

Postby largemummy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:03 am

hi michelle,
welcome aboard, i have over 50kgs to loose so i will be around for the long haul! cant wait to get to know you and see you on the forums!
Nic :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3Da9dE/]
[/url]
largemummy

Postby Shellabella27 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:22 am

Thanks Nic, good to know Im not alone! :D
Shellabella27

Postby Leanne » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi there

I'm also new and I think if I'd recently moved (like you have) I would see it as the IDEAL time and opportunity to beging on a whole new body improvement plan. Just imagine how blown away everyone will be when they see you for teh first time. Initially you'll lose qhite a lot of weight quite quickly and that dramatic loss should spur you on to greater losses. Kind of like in the Biggest Loser.

Anyway, I am currently on Isowhey shakes which really work. You replace two meals a day with the shakes and then have a normal meal for dinner. I am only on the first week (the hardest) but am determined to stick it out. A friend lost heaps of weight on Isowhey but any shakes would probably work. The good thing about Isowhey is that they are really low carb and high protein. I wish I could tell you they fill you up too, Not yet for me. My friend assures me you get past his and arn'thungry after the first week. I'll let you know.

Leanne
Leanne

Postby Shellabella27 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi Leanne :D

How do you find the taste of isowhey? I am currently trying optislim, but I really dont like it. The only shakes I like are tony ferguson, but I find I am soo hungry when having them. Though I am thinking of trying duromine again, in combination with the shakes so maybe that'll work :D

your right though, it is a great oppertunity to lose a heap of weight and 'suprise' people when I go back home for a visit!
Shellabella27

Postby miss_viva » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:04 am

Hey Shellabella!

Good luck with your weightloss, and well done on deciding to take action! You can do it - I think the trick is to not think of it as 60kgs to lose, as that seems so daunting. Aim for small goals, like getting down into the next "decade" or losing 5 or 10kgs. Doing it in blocks makes it seem more manageable. I started off at 115kgs, and my mini goal is to get down to 75kgs, which seemed so far away when I first started! I just tried to focus on getting down to under 110, then under 100, then under 90 and so on. It's a slow process, but over time, the weight will come off, and soon all those little bits will start adding up! Ultimately I'd like to get down to 65kgs, and that doesn't seem so far away now :) That would be 50kgs in total, which isn't too far off what you are looking at doing too! I've failed so many diets in the past, and tried everything - so if I can do this, anyone can :) They key is just to accept that everyone has bad days and screws up, and to just put it behind you and go back to eating healthily asap. One bad meal won't make you fat, but a meal which turns into a day of bad eating, which turns into a week, which turns into a month will!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby starr22 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Good luck Shellabella :D You can do it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby ali76 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi and welcome!!

Shellabella I thought your name was familiar (D'sGirl from M here!)....welcome to another supportive forum :P

Welcome to you too Leanne!

xoxoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Shellabella27 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:45 am

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Thanks Miss_viva, I think setting small goals and not thinking about the total amount I need to lose is a great idea. And wow, you have done so well with your loss! Its so inspiring hearing other peoples stories :D

Thanks Starr and Ali :P :P :P
Shellabella27

Return to Introductions