It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:26 am

Free Newsletter

Hello!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello!

Postby Downsizeme » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:05 pm

Howdy guys,

I am on JC, been on it about 5 weeks now and just got weighed in today. So far have lost 7.75 kg's on it, but I have a looong way to go and it's early days.

I hope to get to know a few people and will be popping up in threads here and there, but just wanted to do the offical "hey" before I get started.

Then, I'm going to throw a tanty when no one replies :mrgreen: Just kidding!

Cya around and all th best of luck to everyone on their journey.
Changing my life, one ounce at a time.

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHHCsTy/]
[/url]
Downsizeme

Re: Hello!

Postby miss_viva » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:23 pm

Welcome, Downsize me!

No excuses for a tanty tonight, I'm on the ball ;)

Best of luck with your weightloss goals, I'm glad you're having some good results with JC, you should be proud of what you've achieved so far! How much are you looking at losing all up? Do you have a particular goal in mind? Are you exercising as well as doing JC?

I hope you continue to do well, feel free to drop me a line if you need anything, and I wish you all the best!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Sassyt » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:23 am

Welcome Downsizeme

Amazing results have been achieved in here and its a good place to come to for support and focus. I will be following your progress with interest. So far so good hey with JC :) Good for you and best of luck for the rest of your journey...
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Downsizeme » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:03 am

Howdy guys, thanks for the welcome :wink:

Miss_viva, I set my goal at 80kg but to be honest I just picked a number out of my head, because 80kg seemed as unachievable as getting down to 50kg..lol (and the JC consultant wanted me to give her a number)

Since I have started though, my resolve has grown and grown and I can now see that this could be attainable if I put in the hard yards.

I am a couch potato from way back, so excecise was my biggest challenge. I walk between 7000-12000 steps in my job Mon-Fri but nothing that got my heart rate up, so I do a combination of things:
Wii Active
Wii Fit
Biggest Loser cardio burn dvd (this is pretty good)
JC cardio walk
And - I live at the bottom of a massive hill so twice last week I did a 4km walk, starting at the base of that hill. Oh, the pain. :shock: lol. I like excercise a bit better than when I started (because now it is easier) but it is still something I have to conciously make a decision to do, as I have never done it before.

I love reading about people, and it helps to know that you are not alone on the journey, so thanks again for the welcome and I will see you around. xxx

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby miss_viva » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:57 am

Downsizeme wrote:I set my goal at 80kg but to be honest I just picked a number out of my head, because 80kg seemed as unachievable as getting down to 50kg..lol

I picked 75kgs as my goal, and at 115kgs that seemed practically impossible too. I just took it one day at a time, and didn't really look at the overall picture. I knew I wanted to get to 75kgs, but instead of saying 'ok, I'm going to lose 40kgs and take it from there', I thought things like 'ok... so my BMI is 42.2... my first goal is to get it to under 40'. When I had done that, I would set another 'mini' goal, such as 'I will aim for 10kgs in total'. It really helps to break things down, and it makes weightloss seem far less daunting. 75kgs now seems so realistic, it's amazing how our mindsets can change!

Great job on incorporating some exercise into your daily routine, the 4km hill circuit sounds like a winner! When I first started to lose weight, I used to walk a 5km circuit near my house. The first time I did that, I thought I was going to die! Keep persevering with it all though, because I think exercise really does make a difference in shifting the kilos. I've gone through stages where I've been rather lazy and unmotivated, and just stuck to my diet without the exercise, and my weightloss really slowed down. Lesson learned ;)

Keep us posted on how you're doing!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Downsizeme » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Thanks Miss-Viva, all wise words :)

I bought a dance type excercise dvd today - it ain't gonna be pretty :oops: , but i wanted something a bit "fun" that I can do on alternate days to "THE HILL" lol. Gonna give it a go, will let you know what it's like. I was looking for that Zumba (?) thing but they didn't have it.

Yeah the 80kg thing is a bit overhelming, especially as I had well over 30kg's to lose 5 weeks ago to get there, that just seems like an impossibility, but I have mini goals, one is to get over the 10kg loss mark and the other is to get to under a 100kg's, which would be massive, as I can't even remember ever being under that weight.

Great to see all the results on this forum, it's such a massive undertaking for people to change their whole lifestyle and re-educate themselves with food, that we all deserve a huge pat on the back for even attempting it.

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby Downsizeme » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:52 pm

HOLY CRAP the dance DVD is sooo hard..lol, I just couldn't ge tthe steps..I did about ten minutes then thought I better just watch it once to see how the steps were done. Didn't seem to get any easier looking :? Will try again tomorrow when I'm not feeling so unco :lol:

Have a great night & a yummy dinner everyone!

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby Carley » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:55 pm

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

(Ok no need to throw a tantrum LMAO)

I hope you make your goal and wish you much luck. :D

Here's to a new and healthy you :D
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby ali76 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Hello **waves**!!

You're doing a great job hun - well done!!

We'll keep you on the straight and narrow and get you to your goal.

Keep going hun!

xoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Downsizeme » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Hello Carley & Ali76!!

I would wave but the dancing dvd has just about knocked me out..it's all I can do to type ..lol

Thanks for your kind words, I am SO glad I didn't have to have a major tantrum on this forum to get some attention!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have just spent the last hour looking through some of the amazing inspirational progress pics on this site - truly amazing!

Have a great night, I am off to bed as my darling husband comes homes tomorrow - he's been away for the past 3 days, and i miss him, so if I go to bed early it means tomorrow will come sooner, right? :D Hope you both have a GREAT night

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby HappyGirl83 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:46 am

Hi Downsize!!

Keep up with your dancing DVD, I have done a lot of Zumba classes and when I started, seriously, I felt like a bit of a knob...like I had 2 left feet!! But eventually it got better and I was able to do the steps no problems!!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Downsizeme » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:32 am

Hi Happy girl8!

" A bit of a knob" sums it up exactly!! LOL

I am going to persevere with it, but only because it's annoyed me now that I can't do it..haha!

I know it got my heart rate up in about 20 seconds flat, and that's the name of the game I suppose. It's not something I'd do in front of anyone still alive at this point, but there is hope for the future!

And then of course, I will have to give my notice in at work as I will be too busy with "so you think you can dance 2011" :mrgreen:

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend! I know I am, my husband is due home in 2 hours! :D

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby miss_viva » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Don't worry about 'looking like a knob' - the main goal is to give your body a good workout, and if your heart rate is increasing, you're definately doing that. I look and feel like a knob when I swim, but I just keep going. I got over the fact that it takes me 1 hour to do what Grant Hackett can do in less than 15 mins ;)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby matchbox » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:57 pm

welcome :D

we're generally a pretty friendly bunch :mrgreen: no need for tanty's :mrgreen: where abouts are you from? You are doing such a fantastic job so far, keep it up! best of luck!!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Downsizeme » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:32 pm

lol Miss_Viva, I hear ya! I did this massive walk yesterday and decided to finish it off by ending up at the shopping centre to window shop, and then walk back home.

I'm looking st some pants in Rockmans and the sales lady asked me if I was alright, with real concern.

I just looked at her and said, "umm yes, fine thanks." Thinking, what is she on about???

She says, "oh good, your face is blood red and I thought you were going to pass out."

:oops:

I cross my fingers behind my back ,lie and say, "oh yes, I just ran here - excercise, you know?" And she smiles and says, "Ohh that explains it - well done!" and I am thinking, there is no way I am going to tell her I just walked here, even if it was up a couple of hills, it was still only walking...haha

I knew i was a bit overheated, but not enough that someone was considering calling the medics in!!

Hey matchbox :D You guys are definitely friendly - no argument from me! lol

I am from Canada originally, moved to England when I was 20, moved here when I was 30 and have been here ever since ( I am now 39, 40 in April) I live in Rockhampton.

Where does everyone else hail from?

[/url]
Downsizeme

Return to Introductions