It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:04 am

Free Newsletter

Back again! Just saw a pic i posted on here in 2007!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Back again! Just saw a pic i posted on here in 2007!

Postby dietmehappy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi Everyone!

Well, im back on the bandwagon for real this time...and you know what the craziest thing is...i was just searching for some inspiration in the 'before and after photos' section - and i found a post with before pictures that i put up back in 2007! How crazy! The saddest part is I was 90 kilos when i posted that photo - and i was so damn optimistic! I think it says something like 'i cant believe i let myself get like this' and now, second time round i was 40 kilos heavier! I guess that proves that 1 kilo or 100, we are all powerful fighters against the same struggle. Oh well, time to get on with it! I am 17 kilos into my weight loss journey - I started off at 128.8 kilos and have weighed in around 112 all this week! I have been training with a trainer since october 1st 2009, and have been slowly chipping away (with lots of ups and downs!) I have been reading so many inspiring words for months now, so i thought it was about time i officially introduced myself & thanked everyone on the forums for your constant motivation and support! I have up and down days, but im feeling better everyday.

Guess what...we are all on here because we are changing our lives, making ourselves healthier and happier...how cool is that?

Ill keep you posted! :)

Dietmehappy
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wynN5Dd/]
[/url]
dietmehappy

Re: Back again! Just saw a pic i posted on here in 2007!

Postby miss_viva » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Welcome to the forum!

It's so good that you've lost 17kgs already, I bet you feel amazing :)

You've gotten to 90kgs before, and I am sure that you will be able to get back there (and lower!) if you keep working hard. How have you found working out with a PT? Do you do individual sessions or group ones?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby dietmehappy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!! PT is amazing, if not a little pricey. I have had everything/tried every fitness fad before i.e buying hot gym clothes so that i feel like going, aqua classes, dancing etc but nothing stuck! The answer? Paying a month in advance!!! That way, if i dont get up for the gym it will cost me $30 an hour! Now that is motivation! ...Seriously though, my PT is great - even though i hate her sometimes. She does constantly push me, and i would never ever work out as hard alone as i do with her. She challenges me. I have weekly weigh ins, and she made me give her my scales so i can only weigh in once a week (as apose to when i have become obsessed in the past and weight two or three or seven times a day.) And she is always on call - like last weekend when she got the 'I REALLY really REALLY want a whole chocolate mud cake and im not just talking about one slice' txt message! She has become a really great friend to, i guess because i see her 5 mornings a week so she knows all about my life, and i can vent through spinning etc - and seriously, any one who can get me (the laziest girl in the world) off the couch and still coming back 5 months later has got to be good! PT is great, I would recommend it to anyone - but i would also definitly tell people to do a kind of 'audition' process first - i cant tell you how many horror stories there were when i was shopping around for my perfect fit. I had so many gym bimbos look at me with disgust, or simply just sit me in a room and tell me all the reasons why being overweight is bad for you and how it is just 'sooo bad for you' (and im like, yep - thats kind of why im here) or those trainers who are like (on the first session) "ok, go home and eat salad and no carbs and do three hours of running before breakfast" and im like, ummm...i had a family sized kfc for dinner last night, and left over pizza from the fridge for breakfast - do you really think i dont know what i should be eating already - the fact is i cant stop - and thats why im here! Dee, my trainer, on our first meeting, simply said 'well done' followed by 'lets get down to business' with goal setting and walking etc. All in all its a great experience - im still far to scared to keep up the gym alone! Wow...that was a bit of a long winded reply!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wynN5Dd/]
[/url]
dietmehappy

Postby curvygirl » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Welldone on coming back. I too have just come back and am heavier than when I left. I am going to get serious this time and its nice knowing that there are others out there doing the same.

Good luck with your journey and I will be watching it with interest.
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Welcome back, Dietmehappy! I've been in and out of the forum for a few years now, so I know how disappointing it is not to have reached your goal by now when you had such high hopes back then. I think you've made a great choice to come back and make healthy lifestyle choices. I'm looking forward to seeing you around the boards!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Introductions