It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:48 am

Free Newsletter

another newbie

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

another newbie

Postby lalalaaa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Hello, I have been watching this forum for awhile and decided to join a few weeks back. For some strange reason my registration took a few weeks.

Well about me, about 2 months ago I visited the doctor and my blood pressure was up, and I weighed in at 80kgs.
At 159cm and 40 yrs old, he told me to lose weight, and he suggested that I try a weightloss program which was subsidised (read paid for by) by my health fund and then visit a dietician at the end of the program.
It is a mixed meal replacement/ shakes , and a controlled proportion dinner program. (First six weeks 2x meal replacements and controlled proportion dinner, next six weeks 1x meal replacement and controlled proportion lunch and dinner, then final six weeks controlled proportion B/L/D).

Well today is the last day of my of the first six weeks and but have lost over 5.5kgs (as of last thursdays weigh in). I have been happy with my weight loss and it took alot more than 5 weeks to put the weight on. I don't know if I am supposed to be losing more or less weight at this point.

I do have some questions about this program as I am new to this stuff but I guess I should ask those questions in another section of the forum.

feel free to say hi,

Re: another newbie

Postby setweight4life » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:46 am

Hello and welcome to It is nice to hear of your decision to start your weightloss program.

Just remember to start out slow. Eat healthy foods and have a good exercise.

Good luck to you! :)
Last edited by matchbox on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no advertising please

Re: another newbie

Postby lalalaaa » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:21 am

thanks for the advice, I have already accepted that there will good and bad days, so trying to aim for 1 day at a time :D

Return to Introductions