It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Welcome! :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Welcome! :)

Postby tanials » Wed May 12, 2010 8:04 am

Hi there everyone!
My name's Tania and I have just created an account hoping to chat to people and read others posts to keep me motivated and help me on my way to being fitter and healthier (and lose these extra kilos in the process)....

I weigh 77kgs and would like to get back down to around 60kg. I work full time and also have a casual job that I do one shift most weekends. I also live close to an hours drive from work so by the time I get home at night I'm usually feeling pretty lazy... :?

Surprisingly my biggest downfall in eating badly is while I'm at work. If I start to feel bored/unmotivated at work I start to look for things to eat... ie; chocolate :oops: I also have a small group of girls at work that I am close with and we tend to buy our lunch everyday together so not only am I eating food I shouldn't be, but I'm spending way too much money on it as well!

I know what I have to do to lose the kilos but I just find that I am really bad at sticking with it and keeping on track. Does anyone have any advice on how they manage to keep themselves on the straight and narrow?

Anyway, looking forward to interacting with everyone down the track. Have a great day!

Tania :D

Re: Welcome! :)

Postby Eddie » Mon May 17, 2010 10:59 am

Hi Tania, good to have you on board. Good luck with your weight loss efforts, you'll find lots of helpful advice and information on this site. Stick with it, there are no magic bullets, unfortunately but the rewards in terms of health and money in your pocket (as you've noticed) make it all worthwhile.

Postby princess87 » Mon May 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Hey Tania,
I wish i could give you all the tips in the trade, but i am in exactly the same position as you! I decide every week that i am going to prepare my lunch at home and stick to my healthy eating plan (rather than a "diet") and i never do. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week, but my diet fails me, although i attend the gym more than enough to loose weight, my body is only losing weight at a very slow pace, almost at plateau because my diet counteracts the exercise!
I joined this hoping to get motivation and help me stick to my plan and not go off the rails as it is starting to tear my life apart!!
I hope you can find the perfect solution for you! I am going to keep searching, but will keep you posted!
Good luck with everything!!

Postby lovelylucy » Mon May 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi Tania,

Buying lunch is killer! You don't even realise it and the next thing you know $50 for the week is gone. At my work there are plenty of places to buy lunch. The sushi is always calling my name.... as does the wedges with sour cream and sweet chilli. What I have started to do is bring a few staples to work so just in case you forget to bring in your super delicious, healthy meal, you have a can of tuna or a cuppa soup. I've found as well if you take the time to make your lunch you really look forward to eating it because you have put so much effort into it. Winter soon.....I'm thinking about buying a thermos and making some homemade soups. YUMMM

Postby tanials » Tue May 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Ohhh I know, the temptations are so bad!! I have been going ok the past couple of days but I am craving chocolate so bad today!! Have already resisted the urge to go get some twice and now only have an hour and a half left for the day so I reckon I can make it.... :D

I'm going to make some yummy mince with vegies for dinner tonight which will give me lunch for tomorrow as well... it's my birthday on Friday so I want to eat good all week cause I know I'm going to be bad on Friday and Saturday night... :oops:

Good luck guys and thanks for replying! Great to hear from people who are going through the same things as I am...

Return to Introductions