It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:12 am

Free Newsletter

Long time "food lover"

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Long time "food lover"

Postby Akasha » Mon May 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi all

Im a long term overweight person who has a strong long of food

I currently weigh 140 kgs (i think) at 24 years old and i know have health issues relating to this - diabetes asthma and my uncle died at 23 of a heart attack so im high risk for that as well

I need to loose a bit and i am looking for support as my husband is skinny grey hound thin and so is everyone else around me so im looking to shed those kgs and find the real me underneath all that uneccessary weight

look forward to chatting on the forums

cheers

Storm :)
Akasha

Re: Long time "food lover"

Postby FatFukShrinking » Mon May 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi Storm

Congrats on taking the first step to getting healthy! I am about 116 kilos at the moment. The highest i've got to where i actually weighed myself, was about 125kilos. I know what it's like being a food lover.

I also am surrounded by people who don't struggle with their weight. They often can't understand my relation with food. I've had people say to me to just eat less food lol. Like it is an easy thing!

What do you have in mind to get the weight off? Are you following a certain plan or diet?

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby Akasha » Mon May 17, 2010 5:33 pm

so far i am starting light n easy as i live with my husband and my in laws and they eat and drink what ever they want whenever they want so i need structure in my eating. also they are all stunningly model thin and great looking

also going to curves 3 times a week monday wednsday and friday night - walk the dog in the morning on a saturday for 1 km around our estate
Akasha

Postby FatFukShrinking » Mon May 17, 2010 5:43 pm

Do you like lite n easy? I looked into it but it wasn't available in my area. It would be good from the point of view that your meals are there are ready and you don't have to plan it out, or be in the kitchen cooking. I always pick at things when i cook! I like routine with weight loss plans. I tend to eat the same types of things all the time, and get myself into a rhythm. It can get boring after a while though lol. I have to mix it up a bit.

Does your hubby support you? Or do you find that he tempts you to eat bad foods? I had to make sure i told everyone not to eat their junk food around me, it was too tempting!

FatFukShrinking

Postby Akasha » Mon May 17, 2010 5:48 pm

havent started lite n easy as yet - waiting for my food delivery

im bad for picking if i cook or am around food being cooked

hubby is supportive but east anything he wants and sometimes forgets im trying to be good and when im in a bad mood he brings me something bad to make me feel good then i feel obligated to eat it - which is why lite and easy will take this lil issue away
Akasha

Postby Akasha » Thu May 20, 2010 9:54 am

Hi All

After long consideration i am now delaying my studies in IT to focus on my weight so i can ensure that i do this and do it right :D hubby is great and is supporting me 100% on this
Akasha

Postby FatFukShrinking » Thu May 20, 2010 10:12 am

Good stuff! That's great your hubby is being supportive. Have you got your lite n easy delivery yet?

Sometimes you just need to take time out and put yourself first!

FatFukShrinking

Postby Akasha » Thu May 20, 2010 10:30 am

Delivery comes on Tuesday

Im so excited - hmmm first time i have ever been excited about being on a diet :lol:
Akasha

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu May 20, 2010 1:45 pm

Good luck with your Lite n' Easy, Storm. I had a friend who lost lots of weight using them and she's managed to keep the weight off for years. If they offered vegan meals I'd be signing up in a heart-beat! Let us know how you find it.

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Re: Long time "food lover" * Having a dilema

Postby Akasha » Fri May 21, 2010 10:45 am

I am having a dilema

i dont want hubby to have to scarafice everything to pay for my light n easy but i dont want to fail at my weight loss and i feel that the rescrictions and easiness that light n easy prvide will definately help me where others would have failed

what are your guys opinion ? is it selfish to spend that much on myself to lose wieght :?
Akasha

Postby FatFukShrinking » Fri May 21, 2010 12:18 pm

That's a hard one. You could stay with Lite & Easy to get the first 5-10 kilos off, it will give you motivation and confidence in yourself. Then try to copy the Lite and Easy routine and meals and do it yourself.

Don't feel guilty, whatever you decide. This is your first time on Lite and Easy right? You deserve a chance to make it work. This is life or death we are talking about, it's not like you have taken the credit card and splashed out on a new LV bag. You want to spend money on the most precious thing you have - your health and your life.

Your hubby wants you around, this money wouldn't be a waste to him. Not to say you can't do this on your own with healthy eating - but you may need to do a month or so of Lite & Easy to get that confidence boost and kick start.

FatFukShrinking

Postby nothing2lose » Fri May 21, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi Akasha

Just thought I would share my experiences on Lite'n'Easy. I tried it for about 3 months last year. I lost 10 kilos (although I was also on Reductil at the time). It cost me about $155 a week on the 1500 cal plan (if my memory is working today!!).
The food was better than I expected in some ways, but worse in others. Their ham was horrible (manufactured). So was some of the chicken in the meals (grey and gristly in the curries). Mind you, I am fussy when it comes to meat - I go for quality over quantity, so maybe I am just too picky. In the end I got sick of the food. Even though you can choose one of two options for the day, it is similar in taste and texture throughout. I dont remember being hungry while on it. So that was a plus. I stopped just before Christmas - bad time! I have put on about 5 kilos since and I am now following the CSIRO eating plan (better for me as I have polycystic ovaries).
Regarding feeling guilty about the expense...Perhaps you could use that as a motivator to stick to it?? I agree with FutFuk though...Your hubby wants you around so no money is too much to make sure that happens!
Just a thought...you may be surprised to calculate how much you were spending on food pre-Lite'n'Easy. Especially junk. It adds up!! So much so that $155 a week may be a saving!!

Good luck :)
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011
nothing2lose

Postby court » Wed May 26, 2010 1:49 pm

hi guys just wanted to add my 2c on lite n easy. I am on 1200cals breaky lunch and dinner 5 days a week and it is costing me $101. If you sit and work that out it is $20 a day for everything (excpet milk).

On the weekends I am very active in sport so it generally entails breaky of cereal, salad rolls, dinner out occasionally lots of fruit etc. I was on Jenny Craig for 12 montsh and that was expensive and you had to supplement their food with all fresh foods...
I definitely think L&E is good - especially for the convenience - but like any plan they are only as good as how much effort you put into them!! Best of luck with your decision :D
court

Return to Introductions