It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Free Newsletter

New to this forum and looking for support!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New to this forum and looking for support!!

Postby Miss_T » Wed May 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Teighan; I am 25 and live in Australia.

I first started my weight loss journey a year and half ago when I saw a picture and I didn’t even recognize myself. I was the heaviest I have ever been at a whopping 130kgs (286 lbs)! It was a struggle but I have managed to lose 35kgs (77 lbs), I still have 11kgs (24 lbs) to lose and am struggling to lose it. I have stayed this same weight for 6 months now and just can’t get up the motivation to lose the rest, with everyone telling me I look fab and fitting smaller clothes it is just so hard!!! I know I still have a lot to lose and that I will blow people away when I lose the last bit but I just can’t seem to do it, making it very un motivating.

I suffer from body disformia and find my weight to of been my focus for the last 13 years. I was bulimic for most of my life and when I stopped was when I put on the 60kgs (132 lbs) that got me over weight, I never want to go back to either of those two and so I am now reaching out to other people for support to help me finish this journey healthy and happy!

I would love to get to know all of you and hope that we can help each other to lose our weight and be comfortable in our own skin. I am a great listener and am happy to always help people that need me.

Talk to you all soon

Teighan :D
xxx
Miss_T

Re: New to this forum and looking for support!!

Postby Akasha » Thu May 20, 2010 9:52 am

Hi

Thanks for sharing your story you will find a lot of people on here struggle with weight and can be a great source understanding and advice and can help motivate you.

Have you had counselling or therapy for the bulimia and body dismorphia ?

Love to see you more on the forums and good luck on your journey
Akasha

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu May 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Good luck with your weight loss, Teighan. Congratulations on your weight loss so far, and extra congratulations on your recovery from bulimia.

I hope you find the support you need at this forum to help you lose weight in a healthy manner. I echo Akasha that counselling would be best for your body dismorphia and previous issues with bulimia. We're not expert in medical or psychological issues on this forum so I would hate for any of the advice you read to be triggering for you.

Welcome and enjoy your time here!
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby leannen » Thu May 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Teighan..
Hey honey, im from Australia too!! where bouts are you at? im in the hunter valley.
massive congrats to you on your weight loss babe!! I will be here to support you honey, as will a lot of the others on here..
we are all doing the same thing and the more support we have the more likely we are to push on and loose our weight and enjoy the healthy side of life!
Im calorie counting.. 540 calories a day and im trying the lemon detox diet.. cant hurt to give it a go i say! instead of buying the expensive stuff they try and sell you, on the site it tells you what to drink.. maple syrup, lemon juice and cayene pepper in water.. if anyone wants to join me, please let me know on here and i can post how much of each thing you are meant to have.. there are a few other things you can have too.. salt water drinks to help flush out the bowel.. mmmmm fingers crossed its going to have some effect on the waist line!!

all the best to you honey.. hope to hear from ya soon..

♥Leanne♥
uurl=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wDymy2A/]
rl=http://lilypie.com]Image[/url]
leannen

Postby Carley » Fri May 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Hello and welcome,
You sound so much like me, I had to think 'is that me?' Like you I've battled bulimia and for me also anorexia, and weight loss and eating disorders for the past 13 years have been a huge part of my life. But I have found such amazing joys from being healthy, looking after my body, eating the right foods, I can not tell you how great I feel. Welcome, and good luck :)
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby maxrivera » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Good on you for trying out a detox diet. It can be a good way to lose weight quickly, but is not a long term solution for weight loss.

Max
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed advertising link. Please refer to forum rules.
maxrivera

Postby cantweight » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:34 pm

I'm re-starting my journey over here in Perth! Too many fad diets and obsessing over food all day every day.
It's hard to eat well when all I think about is food lol but I am trying the slow and steady approach. I find it sooo hard not to try and rush the weight loss but after yoyo dieting since I was 15 (that's 11 years for my poor body!!) I think it's the only way to health and weight loss.
Good luck, keep posting!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2n2ZPC/]
[/url]
cantweight

Return to Introductions