It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi All, I'm new Here...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi All, I'm new Here...

Postby HopefullyMum2010 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:56 am

Hiya All,

I think like some of you I know I am over weight. Some of its baby weight from having my beautiful little boy (he is only 1year old), and the rest is fat from sitting around and eating and not doing anything. I do eat pretty health but I eat alot of it. I dont know when enough is enough and when people tell me eat in moderation all I think is what the hell do you call moderation! I need to lose at least half my weight to be in a health range again. Since high school I've always been a little big but after school thats when it went pear shape. I'm only 23 and I'm at my heaviest I've ever been. :( I just look at myself and think you silly girl, why did you let it get so bad? My little boy is just starting to get a handle on walking and I don't want him to be like me.

Exercise has never been a thing of mine and I never can stick to it and always find a reason not to do it. Wanted to join a gym but money is a problem. I've tried walking in the morning or at night but other people out and about look at me oddly or its too cold or too hot. I've also tried getting friends to walk with me but no one is interested. I have taking up Zumba in the lounage room where no one can see me, I'm not prefect at it but its fun and its something I enjoy. I hope others can help me with ideas to help me lose weight.

I look forward to learning about weight loss with you all.

Steph :)

HopefullyMum2010

Starting Weight:- 120 kg (28/05/2010)
First Goal:- 110 kg (Not sure on time frame yet.)
Second Goal:- 100 kg
Third Goal:- 90 kg
Fourth Goal:-80kg
Ultimate Long Term Goal:- 75 kg (To lose almost a whole me and get back to my prebaby body.)
HopefullyMum2010

Re: Hi All, I'm new Here...

Postby FatFukShrinking » Fri May 28, 2010 1:18 am

Hey there

Welcome! Don't be too hard on yourself. It's better to be doing something about your weight at 23 instead of 53. Lots of people who lose weight later in life, wish they had done it years ago. 23 is only young, you can turn things around and have a happy healthy life with your son.

I hate exercise too, and i love food... junk food to be more specific lol. Any type of movement is better than none. You can't just get in there and do 40 minutes on a treadmill, if you are used to doing little to no movement... which is my problem, so i only do about 5 minutes exercise a day. Over time you get stronger and can keep pushing yourself for longer.

How are you planning to lose the weight? Do you have a plan in mind or are you just going to try and go with eating healthy smaller portions?

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby HopefullyMum2010 » Fri May 28, 2010 11:46 am

My plan... :| Well, last night when I did shopping I didn't buy any treats... The only things I brought for myself as treat were Cottage Cookies macadamia biscuits and Arnott's Spicy Fruit Roll biscuits (a good diabetes thing)... Yummo...! :D Got plenty of fruits, which I love to eat anyway. Got some sliced meats with some freshly made bread from lunches, salad and cheese in with that too or I'll just have it with no bread, I'll change it around... Breakfast will still be my 4 weetbix (down from 7) with some honey (instead of sugar)... Doctor suggested that to me... With plenty of fruit and water throughout the day... Getting back into my cordail instead of soft drink as my special treat with dinner... I don't drink alcohol or smoke so I don't need to worry about those things... Which is good, one less thing to worry about...

I still haven't got a exercise routine in.. :( I do my Zumba dancing at least 3 times a week, going to try do it 5 times a week when bub is sleeping... But thats it, I've got nothing else... I did find a link here for a personal trainer who comes to me at home, Innervive... So I will look into that I think and contact them for more info... Other than that I've got nothing... Sad really...

Thanks for your welcome too FatFukShrinking... :)

Starting Weight:- 120 kg (28/05/2010)
First Goal:- 110 kg (Not sure on time frame yet.)
Second Goal:- 100 kg
Third Goal:- 90 kg
Fourth Goal:-80kg
Ultimate Long Term Goal:- 75 kg (To lose almost a whole me and get back to my prebaby body.)
HopefullyMum2010

Postby SoonToBeSexyLexy! » Mon May 31, 2010 3:22 pm

Good luck hun! :)

Starting/Current Weight: 80 kgs (31/05/2010)
Mini Goal: 75 kgs by 16/06/2010
First Major Goal: 70-65 kgs by 11/08/2010 (My Birthday!!)
Ultimate Goal: 55 kgs

31/05/2010 - 80 kgs
7/06/2010 -
SoonToBeSexyLexy!

Return to Introductions