It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:42 am

Free Newsletter

just joined,but not new to this game

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

just joined,but not new to this game

Postby SimoneM » Sat May 29, 2010 7:55 am

Well,am desperately trying to find a new way to help myself. I have lost weight then gained weight and vice versa since I was 14yrs old! Now at 35 I'm getting a little sick of the cycle! Alright, extremely sick of the cycle.My recent weight loss was from 115kg to 69kg. But before I've even had a chance to pat myself on the back I've gone up to 74kgs already.I have never known how to maintain a healthy weight. I eat at night. Morning Simone is healthy,energetic and disciplined. She gets up and does an exercise dvd,walks everywhere. Night Simone is a bit of a monster! She eats as a hobby. She doesn't care about Morning Simone and quite often sabotages her!!
So any tips would be great, especially about how to stop binge eating at night. Looking forward to reading your posts, and wishing you well in our journeys to be fit and fabulous.x

Re: just joined,but not new to this game

Postby Eddie » Sat May 29, 2010 2:46 pm

Welcome to the Forum, Simone. Fascinating to read about your weight loss adventures so far and good luck with the next step. You'll find lots of helpful advice and tips on this Site.

Postby arje06 » Sat May 29, 2010 7:02 pm

Simone, you should not eat too much food, especially at night. If you really want to be healthy and lose fats, you should have the determination to do it. Have a jogging and walking exercised every morning and then control yourself to eat too much food especially those have much cholesterol and sweet. You should have a proper balance diet .

Postby nothing2lose » Sat May 29, 2010 10:06 pm

Eating as a hobby! Now that's something I can relate to!! (and here I was thinking I had no interests :lol: !!)

Eating at night isnt my downfall - although I do occasionally feel like something sweet. Would it help to have a larger dinner?? Fill up on protein and vegetables so you dont get so hungry?

If you still feel peckish, maybe try a Jarrah Chocolatte or similar lo cal hot drink. Sip it to make it last! Or try snacking on celery/carrot and light hummous. Or even air popped (ie. no oil) popcorn. (Watch the salt though!)

Hope this helps a little. If not, take heart in the fact that it is a MYTH that eating at night is worse for you than eating during the day. It is no better, or worse. Calories are calories no matter when you consume them!!

take care :)

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011

Return to Introductions