It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:06 am

Free Newsletter

Yay, Im on my way!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Yay, Im on my way!

Postby Kookie » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:44 am

A big hello to everyone!

I first want to say that I know I don't have heaps of weight to loose. I have had a bit of a look at alot of threads on here and know that some of you have alot more than me to loose to get to where you want to be. I just really want to get on top of this before I end up out of the healthy bmi range. My plan is to cut out any drink with calories in, so everything but water and green tea. I plan to up my vegetable intake, which probably sounds werid considering I am a vegetarian, but lately I have been living on pasta, cheese and potatoes. I really want to up my nutrient intake coz I'm feeling very blah lately. I aslo want to get into exercise, I plan to walk everyday for an hour but what else do people enjoy on here?
Thanks for reading my post, you guys are really friendly and supportive, I hope to find heaps of new friends!

So
Start weight: 72kgs, BMI:24.1
Goal weight: 58kgs, BMI: 19.4
Height: 173cm
Start weight: 73kgs
Current weight: 67.9kgs
Goal weight: 58kgs
Kookie

Re: Yay, Im on my way!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Welcome to the forum, Kookie! Your weight loss plan sounds good. Is there a reason you want to get your BMI down to 19.4? People have different figures and different frames, but I always worry when someone seems to be wanting to get to a weight that may be unhealthy for them.

I know what you mean about a non-vegetably vegetarian diet. I was vegetarian for years before becoming vegan and I lived on cheese, bread and potatoes. Going vegan helped me up my vegetable intake. Maybe you could try some vegan recipes a few times per week to help incorporate more vegetables into your meals.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Kookie » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Thanks for the advice, the only reason I plan to get to 58kg is because up until about a year ago that was my normal stable weight. I was normally a size 10 but would sometimes fit in an 8. So not model thin.

I have been a veggie for about 6 years and I have always wanted to try the vegan way of life. Its really good to meet you! I hope I can bounce meal ideas off you? My meals used to be really good, but I just got slack. But these days I know that easy is not always the best way.

Are there any other vegetarians/vegans on the forum?
Kookie

Postby SoonToBeSexyLexy! » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:28 pm

Hi there Kookie :)

Welcome to the forum!

I think you've got a great plan going, it feels good to have a set plan hey hehe.

Unfortunately, I don't know too much on being a vegetarian so I can't offer any recipes etc but you should start a thread on one of the boards so you can get in touch with other vegetarians on the forum.

Anyways, welcome again and I hope you're having a great week :)

Lexy

Starting/Current Weight: 80 kgs (31/05/2010)
Mini Goal: 75 kgs by 16/06/2010
First Major Goal: 70-65 kgs by 11/08/2010 (My Birthday!!)
Ultimate Goal: 55 kgs

31/05/2010 - 80 kgs
7/06/2010 -
SoonToBeSexyLexy!

Postby Kookie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:17 pm

OK I'm going to reintroduce myself. I'm another one of these people with heaps of good intentions but for some reson it just dosn't stick.
This time it will.
So I'm off to the personal progress forum to start a thread all about me there.

Thanks for putting up with yet another trying againer.

Kookie
Kookie

Return to Introductions