It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:13 am

Free Newsletter

Diet and exercise

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Diet and exercise

Postby geoffpaul » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi I'm new to this site, I have had a long interests in diet and exercise not that I have had any real weight issues. I have noticed as I get older,58, that I now have to limit my portion sizes and keep up with a fairly rigorous exercis regime to maintain and ideal weight, I suppose it is a combination of an increasingly sedentary life, I'm retired, and an aging metabolism that is slowing down. I use a another site called 'Calorie King', to keep me honest, it is totally free, though it does advertise products. It allows you to monitor your food/energy intake and lifestyle. I ride my road bike about 300k's a week, two medium gym workouts with weights and two 2km swims a week, so you can see I am very active and can eat about 12'000kj's a day and not gain weight. The site also offers menu's for each meal if you want, again free of charge. I find the only hassle with it inputting my food and exercise for the day, but the benefit of a food diary is that you come to reaize how little food you actually do need to eat to get enough energy, it has the added benefit of allowing you see which foods are really energy dense

Re: Diet and exercise

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Welcome to the forum, Geoff Paul. A lot of people here use and they'll all echo your positive view on the site. It's a great site for finding out the calories in foods, especially foods found in Australian supermarkets! It's very handy to be able to keep track of your food and exercise online. I love it!

I hope you enjoy your time at the forum. Good luck with your healthy eating and exercise routine. It sounds like you put a lot of work into it!

Return to Introductions