It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello!

Postby awillia5 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:08 pm

Hi All, my name is Mandy and I have just joined up today. I've been busy reading through everyone else's posts today, seems as though I have a few things in common with a lot of people regarding weight loss!

I used to be quite fit until I went to uni, where I went from a size 10 to a size 16 in a few months :oops: courtesy of college food and waaaay too much alcohol. Being fairly tall (175cms) I was able to hide it for a while, but once the size 16s got too tight I decided it was time to do something about it! I tried crash diets (e.g. atkins, losing 10 kilos in 3 weeks and gaining it all back in about the same time) but nothing ever worked long term.

Anyway, once uni finished I was able to lose just over 10 kilos through sensible dieting and exercise. I got back down to a size 12 early last year in time for my wedding, which was great. However, long honeymoon travel with waaay too much good food, and a Phd accompanied with daily tim tam and mee goreng noodle binges has managed to assist in creeping the weight back on....so much so that I am back to my former heavier self...that's right...through slackness (poor eating and no exercise) I managed to put on 10 kilos in less than a year.

I decided about 2 months ago to step things up and do something about it, and a friend recommended Pump class. When I lost weight last time I was doing about 5 cardio sessions per week and 2 weights sessions, but nothing like pump. Everyone said that pump was better than going to the gym, so I got on with it, going to nearly 4 classes a week....plus 3 RPM classes.

At the end of the two months, I hadn't lost any weight :? nor any body fat....hence why I am now on here, to get some support for my long battle with an increased cardio regime. I have posted in the exercise forum about that. I figure that by reducing pump I will still get enough of a weight workout, but the real fat shedding will come with a good cardio boost. I am also (and have been) following the CSIRO diet...which I love.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all soon....

Mandy
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
awillia5

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:34 pm

Hi mandy :)

it was great reading your intro and seeing why you have decided to lose weight :) all i ca say is welcome, best wishes for your weight loss journey and im sure you will find the advice and support and encouragement you need to excel. feel free to join in any of the challenges and weigh ins a well :)

its nice to have you here :)
kate_turner2000

Postby tanya » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:24 pm

hey mandy. welcome to the forum from me to. i am also pretty new and so far i have found everyone to be really supportive. good luck with your weightloss. (not that you need it :D )
Tanya
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby KimE » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:44 pm

Hello Mandy and welcome to the forum.

I have already posted an essay :lol: in response to your question in the exercise topic so I won't carry too much here.

There are challenges and diaries if you feel these will inspire and help so feel free to jump in where you're comfortable.

Best of luck with your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:39 pm

Hi Mandy. welcome to the forum.
Dolly

Postby Ally » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:13 am

Hi Mandy and welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your time here and that you will find the support and encouragement that you need here!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Fairie » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:39 pm

Welcome to the forum Mandy. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:06 am

Hi Mandy, welcome to the forum!
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Maraver » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:09 am

Hi Mandy welcome and good luck on your journey
Pam
Maraver

Return to Introductions