It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi there from Adelaide

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi there from Adelaide

Postby Tan37 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi everyone

My name is Tanya and am 37 yrs of age, I have been on and off the merry go round for many years of trying to lose weight then I lose focus then back on the merry go round again.

So here I am again, have lost 4kgs so far with mostly hard work at the gym and if I could control my food more it would have been a lot higher!! Which that clearly says my biggest problem is food and no I don't comfort eat I just like food and I like good tasting food. So when I go out I don't want to have to think about everything that I am eating I just want to look at the menu and choose something yummy. So I am pretty good during the week but then come Friday night through to Sunday I lose it :( So all the hard work I have done during the week has gone.

Anyway I have also just quit smoking 4 months ago and am feeling much better for it but still can't get a run on at the gym and having problems with a muscle in one of my legs affecting doing impact exercising. I do Bodypump classes 2 times a week, attack class, step class and 1 session just in the gym so have what I think is a good mix of strength and cardio workouts. So yes it is the whole calories in vs calories out struggle.

Anyway look forward to getting in and hearing what others are doing and achieving and keeping myself motivated.

Re: Hi there from Adelaide

Postby Jisgone » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:42 am

Good luck!!

Losing weight is 90% about what you eat and thats normally the hardest part to get right. Alot of us use to track our food and its been very effective for alot of people :)

Postby Tan37 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi Jewels,

Thanks for the greeting, I have just had a look at the calorieking site to see if it will make it easier to count calories because that is the last thing I ever wanted to do is have to count away before eating anything. What shocked me the most was that it put me at Obese!! I know I am overweight but I definitely wouldn't put myself in the obese category yet. To some that may seem like I am fooling myself or not facing facts but I truly don't think I am obese. So that was a little off putting but I will give it a go, thanks for the suggestion :)

Postby nothing2lose » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi Tan

If it's any consolation, it doesnt take much to be "obese". Try being told you are "morbidly obese"! :lol: Now that was an eye opener!!

It's only a word. Don't worry about it. Look at it as a challenge and think of me, slaving away in the hope that one day I get to be "obese" :lol:

Good Luck!!

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011

Return to Introductions