It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie :D

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie :D

Postby BrainMelt » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Hi all,

I've been part of another weightloss forum for some time now as I was following their program (lost approx. 20kg on it) and found them to be enourmously helpful and supportive.
Unfortunately since going off the program whilst I've lost another 15kg on my own following a low cal diet, I don't really feel welcome there anymore. They're great people and very supportive so I think it's really my own perception of the situation. But sadly they just aren't able to provide me with any real help in my efforts now as they're on a different type of eating plan to me.

The problem I have now is that I only have about 6kg to loose to be at my goal weight of 65kg and I just plain can't shift it! I've tried toying with my calorie intake as well as adjusting all manner of things like my protein and carbohydrate levels. I do work out most days of the week but I'm doing the couch to 5km program (week 4) and whilst i've accomodated for that in my eating it just doesn't seem to do anything to help me out.

I know that the last 10kg is always tough, but this last 6kg is nearly killing me. I want to get it off so badly just so that I can be done with the whole "dieting" phase and stick with maintaining my weight. I realise that watching what you eat is a lifelong thing but the simple fact of the matter is that I've gotten into the habit of heathy eating with moderate exercise now and I just can't get rid of those last few kgs. I think I'm going to go insane!

Hoping to find a few new ideas here :)
BrainMelt

Re: Newbie :D

Postby Mum_of_4 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:32 am

I just wanted to say Hi! I am only new here myself but hopefully you can find the help you need to make it to your goal. Good luck!
People with open hearts and open minds will always have the most beautiful packages, no matter how they are wrapped!
Mum_of_4

Re: Newbie :D

Postby court » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:27 pm

I know the feeling! I lost alot of weight on Jenny Craig and now I am doing the long slog on my own (well i am on and off lite and easy so yeah not really on my own! :lol: ) - I want to lose 6kgs as well!! :roll: It is never ending but especially difficult at this time of year to stay motivated!
I find that I can lose more when I am not exercising - i know that sounds strange to me too but when i am not exercising i guess i lose muscle weight? But when it comes down to it being fit, muscular and healthy is more important to me than seeing the 64kgs on the scales! Though I would LOVE to see that!!! I got down to 66kgs but now I am back up to 70kgs. I dont realistically see myself on maintenance calories cos when I eat more than 15oo i put on weight!! anyways best of luck :)
court

Return to Introductions