It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:33 pm

Free Newsletter

uni student ready to change!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

uni student ready to change!

Postby starz » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:04 am

Hi,

I'm a newbie here and looking for some great help and support to help me on my weight loss journey. Well I mainly feel if I get my weight loss goal out there in the open then I will be more likely to stick to it and get excited about posting a loss!

I'm 21 years old and have had enough. It seems for the last year I've been saying I'd do something to lose the weight but it only lasts about a week and then there's something that deters me. Usually a big 21st which leaves me horribly hung over and then I feel the need to binge on food the next day. I currently weigh 103kgs and am looking to get down to 65kg. I want to do it gradually a healthy way by eating well and exercising. My main reason is that I finish university at the end of the year and just this week I found out I got a graduate role for next year. I want to start my new life after uni out in the corporate world feeling confident and I feel that losing weight would only help this. Obviously there are a number of other reasons but that at the moment is the main one.

Some of the main ways I'll go about it are by doing the following:
- drinking 2 - 3 litres of water a day
- exercise 5 times a week (already play netball 2 times a week and plan to get back into swimming)
- as a uni student it is difficult to stay away from take away so I'm going to try and be more organised when it comes to food ie. bringing salads from home to classes and having small healthy snacks with me so I am not tempted by the free food they seem to throw at us.

I'm Gen Y so I plan to log in here frequently to let everyone know how I'm going in the weekly weigh in thread (starting this Monday!) and hope to be inspired by everyone's stories....so far I am amazed by the amount that people are losing. They are definitely doing so already!

I'm going to stop with my essay right here.

Hope to get to know everyone well so we can all do this together....hmm sorry I'll try keep the corniness to a minimum

Starz x
SW - 103kg
CW - 93kg
GW - 65kg

First mini mini goal double digits!
First mini goal 90kg!
Slow, steady and consistent to make a change for life.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnxmppy/]
[/url]
starz

Re: uni student ready to change!

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi Starz,

Welcome! I myself have only just joined but your post rang true with me, while I am no longer a uni student - I was not that long ago (well thats what I tell myself!!) and definately know where you are at. I was in the same position when I was studying, and with uni in the middle of town making good food choices (especially on a budget!!) was always tough!! Plus being a big drinker, the alcohol plus the hangover food did nothing good for me at all either!!

Good luck with everything, I am starting a fresh monday morning myself and like you am very much looking forward to my new lifestyle!!

Cheers, Becky! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgDr74s/]
2ndTimeBecky

Postby dreamraise » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:17 am

Good luck , Starz
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam removed
dreamraise

Postby Kye20 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:32 am

Welcome Starz,

Goodluck with your journey
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kye20

Postby bellajenny » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:29 am

Best of luck Starz.
We're here to help if we can.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
bellajenny

Return to Introductions