It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie!

Postby Gem86 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:59 am

Hey
I'm new here. I'm wanting to lose some weight. Have a holiday to Bali in October and want to try to look decent in a bikini. I'm currently 68kg and would like to get down to under 60kgs... Ideally 58kgs. But I don't know if that is possible by mid October.
I am eating a piece of fruit for breakfast with some yoghurt, pumpkin & sunflower seeds as snacks through out the day (are quite fillying really), fruit salad for lunch (apple, orange, kiwi fruit & mandarin) and then some mixed vegies and small piece of chicken for dinner.
Any info on what I can eat that would be better than the above would be great!
I am also going for a 30-40 min walk/run at lunchtime and then on the crosstrainer or Zumba DVD or walk/run with the dog at night time. Is this enough exercise to lose weight while eating the above. I have also been taking a multivitamin table in the mornings. Today is only my 2nd day.
Thank for your help.
Gemma
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnRMHLi/]
[/url]
Gem86

Re: Newbie!

Postby skinny on the inside » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:20 am

Hi there Gem86,

Welcome aboard!! Lot's of support, advice & encouragement on this forum. I am by no means a nutritional expert but looking at what you're eating there are no carbs other than the fruit which is basically sugar. I think you might need to include some complex carbs if you're doing that amount of exercise otherwise you will run out of energy pretty quick. I used to be 60kg & I could maintain that weight easily doing a 30 minute run/walk about 4 to 5 times a week. My diet basically consisted of wholegrain cereal for breakfast with tone milk, a low fat meat, low fat cheese & salad sandwich for lunch & vegies & about 150 grams of low fat meat for dinner. I'd have some fruit & yogurt for snacks, seeds & nuts are good too or even low fat salsa & rice crackers. You might want to have a look at the Calorie King web site. You can get a personal profile of how much protein, carbs etc you should be eating each day.

Anyway, good luck :)
New starting weight: 94.1 kg
First goal: to get under 90 kg's
Next goal: 85 kg by end of Feb
Short term goal: 70 kg by end of Jun
Long term goal: 60 kg by X-Mas

skinny on the inside

Postby sezza » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi gem86
Wow id still be hungry.
What i have found that works for me is un processed food. So for example breakfast ill have oats and u soak it in apple juice with soya yoghurt and fruit. That last me 4 days its yumo. Then lunch is salad roll i get the cape seed loafs and chuck on some tuna and for dinner i might have tofu vegies mixed in with brown rice and tamari sound yuck but is yum and then to snack i might have nuts and fruit. Since being on my healthy eating plan i have lost 3kg in 2 weeks really easy to stick to. I cut out full cream milk and have skim or rice milk. I cut out all animal fats, and alcohol during the week. And i dont eat anything with sugar unless its natural or in my wine :D . I feel fantastic. But you will work out what is best for you.
Good luck
sarah
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wA6RoLn/]
[/url]
sezza

Postby Gem86 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Thanks for the info! really appreciate is. Yes I wasn't feeling too good on what I was eating. I have decided to do Weight watchers. Working good so far :-)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnRMHLi/]
[/url]
Gem86

Return to Introductions