It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie looking for tips and accountability

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie looking for tips and accountability

Postby katrina1006 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi all,

I'm Katrina, currently a 3rd year Psychology student. I always used to be at a healthy weight until I moved out of home for uni. Since that time it seems that my weight keeps going up - mainly due to my limited ability to cook and therefore eating out most nights. I went from 55kg to over 95kg in the past 2 years. I keep telling myself that I am going to change this and lose the weight but have never seriously done anything about it. I have read all of the nutrition/healthy eating websites and books and know what I should be doing, but often just don't have the motivation to do so. I am hoping by registering and becoming involved here I will not only then have to answer to myself but also whoever else is reading out there.

It might also give me new tips on things I can try.. the books and information sites all make it sound so easy, but I am finding that it really isn't.

Anyway, enough about me for now....

Re: Newbie looking for tips and accountability

Postby Eddie » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi, Katrina. By joining this site you've taken the first step on what we all hope will be a successful journey to your target weight. You'll find lots of easy recipes and plenty of other helpful tips and advice here.
Please let us know how you're faring and don't get discouraged.

Return to Introductions