It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:50 am

Free Newsletter

Hi Ya Hunnies!!!!!!!!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi Ya Hunnies!!!!!!!!!

Postby MopsyGirl » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:06 pm

I am a newbie :? not to sure what I am trying to do here??? My weight story so far. Done almost everything. I am morbidly obese and have been for 10 years now :( Earlier this year spoke to a psyc about my weight after putting on another 20kgs after the Victorian Black Saturday Bushfires. The Psyc was great !! I am now ready to pick myself up, put one foot in front of the other and start again, gaining a healthy lifestyle that will help me with weightloss. I ask from all of you for support and guidence towards my goals, and I promise to do the same for all of you. I have yet to weigh myself but am gaining the courage to do so. Look forward to chatting with you. XXX

Re: Hi Ya Hunnies!!!!!!!!!

Postby starz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Hey Mopsy!

I joined 2 weeks ago and have found this forum fantastic! The support is definitely here and I have found having to post my weekly weigh in has made me more determined. For example there is no more if I have a bad day I would normally blow the whole week and eat bad. But here I always think I have to post my result regardless so I start eating better the next day!

I wish you all the best in the journey. My beliefs are don't try and do anything too fast. Baby steps to firstly try and change your daily habits (which lets face it is really really challenging) but change your habits it will then stay off for good!

Set yourself some small achievable goals first and remember to always ask for help here if you need it. Can I ask how are you going about it? ie. what food changes are you making?

All the best :)

starz x
SW - 103kg
CW - 93kg
GW - 65kg

First mini mini goal double digits!
First mini goal 90kg!
Slow, steady and consistent to make a change for life.

Postby MopsyGirl » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi Starz,
Thanks for that I was getting worried that I may have chosen the wrong forum.
I have been making small changes behaviour wise, one that I have found is working well is one plate limit. I can have everything I want but it is only one plate, no going back for seconds and thirds, and only one small bowl for dessert if any is on offer. This works best at gatherings where there is so much food on offer I could and have just eaten all day.
I make sure I am doing some sort of excercise every day mix it up so I don't get bored.
I struggle alot with negative self talk so I am focusing on not beating myself up for not being perfect, if I only get to excercise four times a week that's okay usually I would either give up and feel I have failed. Sounds rediculous I know but I battle everyday with my selfabused image.
When I am focused enough I will begin to tackle the type of food I am eating (I generally eat reasonably healthy It is the amount of food I consume).
I am so happy to hear from you, thanks for the encouragement. :) xxx

Postby 1amanda1 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Hiya MopsyGirl,
I too am new (I only just joined 5 minutes ago!).
I too am obese - for over 5 years... I too am starting on the weightloss (again) - so I can really relate.

Postby starchvader » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:07 am

Hi Mobsy, thanks for posting reply on my post. Sorry to hear you are off track a bit with the weight, its easy to get down on yourself but dont beat yourself up about it. Just remember fat people can and do lose weight and often end up looking very beautiful, but ugly people stay ugly no matter what they eat. :lol:

Return to Introductions