It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:48 am

Free Newsletter

newb

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

newb

Postby starchvader » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:15 am

hi everyone, im a newb to the site. 6 months ago i was 106kg now im down to 93kg and have been for the last few months. i need to get down to 77 - 79 kg. im interested in eating paleo diet to avoid starch. i have weakness drinking coke too much and i really am hooked on the stuff. i cant run or do high impact stuff because i have reactive arthritis (AS) and ever since i broke my knee cap and ever since it hurts to walk up stairs etc. ill be the first to admitt im lazy as well. I dont eat starch and if im unsure i use iodine to test the food. i use 10ml fish oil a day & 10ml of flaxseed oil, probiotic and 125ml of pomegrant concentrate for my arthritis as i refuse to take drugs. if i had to set a goal, it would be to lose about 15kg before christmas.
thanks for reading
darryn
starchvader

Re: newb

Postby MopsyGirl » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi,
Welcome, I hope you get the support that you are after. I'm a newbie to, so far no-one has made comment to me, so I figure I will welocome every newb so they don't get dishearted.
So why is it you can't eat starch? and what type of things would you be eating instead?
:) have a great day. xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzbJAKx/]
[/url]
MopsyGirl

Postby starchvader » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:54 pm

Hi Mobsygirl, thanks for being kind enough to post a reply to me intro. Ill have to find yours and respond too :lol:
the starch thing is a long story...but i have discovered a diet (No Starch Diet) that can can remit some types of reactive arthritis. Ive had ankylosing spondylitis pains for near on 20 years and been on the diet since January this year and pain levels have reduced significantly in this time and the side effect is ive lost about 12 kg. It all come off in the first month and since is 93kg every morning. Im greatful ive lost this weight but i still need to lose at least another 12kg, but the weight lose from diet alone has come to a holt. Ive just had an operation on my R knee to clean up the mess an old broken knee cap and torn liguments from 10 years ago. Now i can use the knee without causing fluid build up :D but ive gotten lazy over the years and just cant seem to get motivated.
Do you exercise often? how can i motivate myself out of this lazy lifestyle...
starchvader

Postby MopsyGirl » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:15 am

That's very intresting, it's 8:55am and already I have learnt something.
I do excercise almost every day I have a Rottwieler that needs to be walked (I feel guilty if I don't), I also work in aged care so I am active at my job aswell. Some days I feel the same as you I live in the mountains so it gets very cold and wet , I use that as an excuse :oops: I've worked that you just have to set aside an hour a few times a week and use that only for excercise after I get all the gear on I generally get in a 40 min walk. I dunno you just have to start and get it done. Water areobics is great :lol: scary when I'm getting into my bathers but once I'm in the water no one can see and it's a good low impact work out which might be perfect for your knee. I have spurs and stress fractures in my feet so when they are playing up Water Areobics helps. I started in a seniors class and I'm only 35 but it's all about moving. WOW!! 12kgs you must be happy with that :) Good Job!!!!
XXX
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzbJAKx/]
[/url]
MopsyGirl

Return to Introductions