It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Hiya All!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hiya All!

Postby KaydeeJayde » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:55 pm

Hey guys!

I'm Erin, and I'm 20. I'm from Melbourne. I've known I needed to do something about my weight for a while. I've always been a bit on the heavy side and it runs in my family, but over the past six months I've put on a LOT of weight due to depression, and lack of doing anything physical, and I've realised I need to do something about it! I do not want to end up like my father, who weighed almost 200kg by the time he was 25.

I weigh 99kg at the moment, which is the heaviest I've ever been. I don't have a goal weight because that always seems to mess up my mindset, so my aim is to look good, and feel good, and be healthy, I guess!

Anyways, I don't have a set exercise routine, but I'd like to probably set one up, and I'm hoping you guys here could offer some advice. Plus, I like food WAY too much, so I have to learn to cook healthily.

I'm looking forward to getting to know this site, and hopefully achieving my goal!

xx
KaydeeJayde

Re: Hiya All!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:08 pm

Welcome to the site, KaydeeJayde!

I hope you find the exercise advice you need here. As a fellow food lover I know where you're coming from! Do you cook for yourself or do you live at home? If you cook for yourself you might want to start by looking at Low GI recipes. They involve carbs that release sugar into the blood stream at a slower rate and keep you feeling fuller for longer. There's also a healthy recipes section of the site that you might find useful.

The first thing you may want to tackle is your depression, otherwise you'll just be treating the symptoms and not the cause of your weight gain. Some medication can have an impact on weight gain so if you are on medication for your depression you may want to talk to your health care professional about a realistic way to manage your weight. Counsellors can form a fantastic support base for weight loss, so they can help you not just deal with depression but look at ways you can make your lifestyle healthier.

Good luck!

Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Re: Hiya All!

Postby Gordz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:35 pm

G'day Erin! theres heaps of support on this forum, EvilWombatQueen always seems to be the first to say hello. her advice is always sound and well educated! Are you into any sports at all? the vic government has alot of info for walking / riding tracks around the place. What area are you located?
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Return to Introductions