It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:29 am

Free Newsletter

About Me

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

About Me

Postby mytime » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi there

I have been feeling really, really tired and yucky for the past 2-3 months. Last week I went to the Dr to see if there was anything to be concerned about and the Dr told me today my results are normal but that at 168cm and 79kg I am overweight. posting.php?mode=post&f=15&sid=756447d81c68de647fa2c29eb51d10e1#

Being so tired all the time the last thing I feel like doing now is exercising but my Dr wants to repeat one test in 2 months and is expecting me to have lost some weight when I return.

Re: About Me

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:21 pm

Hi Mytime,

Welcome to the forum! Do you have any idea of what weight loss methods would suit you? Are there any forms of exercise you like, or have liked in the past? What sort of foods do you like?

Tell us a bit about how you think you gained the weight and that may spark some ideas for how you can lose it. Weight loss may theoretically be as simple as calories in vs. calories out, but in practice it's very individual because you need to find something that YOU can stick to.

Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Re: About Me

Postby mytime » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Thanks for the reply Ali,

I have an extremely sweet tooth so I am going to try and kick that habit and hope to follow healthy eating combined with exercise. NO MORE CHOCOLATE unless it is on my own birthday cake :D

Exercise is a love/hate relationship unfortunately. I love it when I get into it but my body hates it :lol: I have a problem with shin pains and a dodgy shoulder from a accident 3yrs ago which means I can't do BodyPump which I used to love.

In 2006 I was 63kg felt fantastic was doing weights twice a week and power walking on a treadmill 3-4 times p/wk. Then I got sick, nothing major thank goodness just lots of little viruses one after the other and overworked and run down, since then the weight has crept on. In my 2006 photos I looked so fit and trim so that will be my goal. 63kg!!!

Can anyone tell me how to put one of those tracker things on my profile to inspire me to make it move?

I phoned a friend yesterday and we have already made a pact to walk once a week together around a 6km marked out track and I plan on doing extra walks with my dog and bike riding too. I haven't sat down and thought about it too much since yesterday. I thought I should start cleaning out the crapy food in the house first. I looked over an old receipt and there was $15 worth of chocolate on it and $35 worth of alcohol!!!! I think I had it all :oops: So I thought I would do my own little challenge of no alcohol Mon-Sat (I will allow myself one treat at my family lunches on Sunday's only) and all the money I save from not drinking alcohol and eating chocolate will go towards buying a treadmill which is going to be my present to myself as soon as I can afford one.

Plan for the rest of this week, to eat a healthy lunch everyday (I have a habit of skipping it and end up eating chocolate) walk for 30mins everyday, 6km on Thursday, bike ride on Saturday I also have an exercise tape somewhere I will dust off and will start doing.

Return to Introductions