It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Matt » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:49 am

Hey there,

My name is Matt, I'm 34years old. I've spent most of my younger years chubby, and eventually lost it in my early twenties... After an accident serveral years ago, I was in rehab having to learn to walk again.. which seem to take 6months.. I put on alot of weight and since then I havent been able to loose it.. even gain it.

I was very please to find these forums to give me extra motivation and insight to help me loosing weight of 133kgs and try to get myself to 80kg's, which is my goal.. although I find changing my life style, eating and doing exercising a tedious chore.

Even my dogs helped me on the road to starting my weightloss, they stole a whole bag of anzac biscuits of the shelf for me...

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:17 am

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum.
Injuries/illness do have a terrible impact as they stop you doing your usual exercise but you generally keep eating what you always ate which is a recipe for weight disaster. Hopefully you can find something that you can do that will help lose the weight and even help heal the injury! I had a knee injury and discovered cycling is fantastic for building strength in the knee joint - and good exercise too.

You've gotta love dogs....thay can be such a pain, but such good fun and you can never be mad with them for long. Can't wait till we get the new house fenced so we can get a pup!

35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby KimE » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:22 am

Hello Matt and welcome to the forum

I hope you are recovering well from your accident. You definitely have a great way of helping with the snacking, leave it out for the dogs to get! May need to add that to our home grown tip section.

Changing your eating and exercise habits may be what it takes to lose the weight if what you’re doing now isn’t working for you. Maybe do it in small stages, eat less of what you do rather than eliminating altogether or cut down the junk food or chocolate if that is something you eat a lot of. If you are able to walk then start walking regularly slowly at first and build up as you get fitter. Even if it is a 10-15 min walk to start it will be better than nothing. If you are unable to walk then maybe finding some exercise to do from a sitting position. Check out the :arrow: home page for plenty of tools, tips and advice on how to get started.

I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:58 am

Hi matt
welcome aboard!! sorry to hear about your accident i hope that you are making a full recovery. enjoy the forum, its very encouraging. join in the weigh ins, challenges personal progress section etc. im loooking forward to seeing your progress over the next couple of months. take care of you and the anzac doggies!!

Postby Hayley » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:54 pm

Hi Matt, great to have you have as another member of this weightloss forum. Sorry to hear about your accident! Congratulations for taking charge and deciding to make changes to your lifestyle. Join in whenever you can.....I'm sure our other male members will enjoy having another guy around too!

Postby Matt » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:22 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome...

I am able to walk, just find it hard to walk long periods thats all.. but thats prolly due to my fitness or more than anything atm.

I am trying to control my consumption intake at the moment.. not an easy thing.... least at them moment. I've switch from the softdrink to the water.

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:37 pm

Hey Matt and welcome to the forum. I hope that you have recovered well...6 months is a long time, but I am glad that you recovering.

I wish you all the best with your weight loss journey and hope that we can help you in any way we can. Take your time to browse through the forum, you will certainly find plenty of tips and advice!

Postby Dolly » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:51 pm

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum and great work on learning how to walk again (that had to hurt)
If walking is still a difficulty then using weights is another marvelous way to get the muscles to burn up unwanted calories.

I don't know how many times my dogs have saved me indulging in evil foods. Sometimes whilst having a weak moment and preparing something naughty, my concience says get rid of it now or be sorry, so I quickly toss the stuff to the dogs before I can talk myself out of it :oops:

how to get a tickergraph

Postby LadyBug » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:31 am

Hey there Matty,

Great to have another bloke with us :D

I wish you the best of luck.
xoxo ~Ali

Postby Fairie » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:25 pm

Welcome Matt, all the best for your recovery and weightloss journey.

Dogs are such great pals and they do know whats good for us. :D

Return to Introductions