It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

Free Newsletter

New here

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New here

Postby me11 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi everybody. I am new here and I am new to weight loss thing as well. Never been one to diet before and I don't even own scale but I have decided that enough is enough. See, I have had thyroid problem for 9 years now and even though I put on little bit of weight on over the years I was still ok with it but in the last 10 months I went from comffy size 14 to size 18. In the last two months I have really been unhappy with it and I decided that enough is enough. I don't eat too much and I don't eat too much unhealthy foods but I am gaining more and more weight. I am not overly active but not lazy either. I work full time and am on my feet for twelve hours at work every day and run up and down the stairs god knows how many times in that time and still nothing. Has anyone had the same problem and how did you fix it? I am getting desperate.
Last night, driving home from work, I have decided enough is enough and I am going to the shop today to buy a scale so I can "face the truth". I don't even know how much I weight these days but I know I would like to go back to being about 72kg which I was after I had kids. I felt really good about myself then and I'd do anything to feel like that again.
Anyway, I better get to the shops and start my day like a "new me" that I intend to become. :)
Have a great day, everyone.
me11

Re: New here

Postby Eddie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Welcome to the forum, me11. You've taken an important first step just by joining and let's hope you can find lots of helpful advice and encouragement. Don't forget you are not alone, not any more. Please keep us up to date with your progress.

Eddie
Eddie

Re: New here

Postby me11 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Thank you, Eddie for a warm welcome. :)
me11

Return to Introductions