It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:40 am

Free Newsletter

Hoping to find motivation :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hoping to find motivation :)

Postby Rijbakluva » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:39 am

Hi, my names Rij and im 21.

Ive struggled with my weight for as long as i can remember.

I really want to lose weight, as im sick of being overweight!

I currently weigh 112kg (approx). I would be happy just to be under the dreaded 100kg mark. :(

I work 5 days a week at a vet clinic, and i struggle to find anything that will motivate me.

What do you guys do for motivation?

A few years ago I went from 85kg down to 61kg. My goal was 60kg. I never reached it, and as a result of that failure my weight skyrocketed back to over 85kg. Its continued to go up and up until here i am, weighing a disgusting 112kg!!

Please help me to get motivated to lose weight!

Id love to hear from everybody!
Rijbakluva

Re: Hoping to find motivation :)

Postby HappyGirl83 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi Rij!

My starting weight was close to yours (actually higher! 116kg) and I also work in a veterinary hospital as a vet nurse.

I remember how hard that 100kg barrier was. It's so weird weighing 99.9kg, you are the same size as you were at 100kg, but there is something about being able to say "I weigh under 100kg!".

Motivation for me is clothing mainly, vain I know. I hated having to wear clothes that were more made for women 20 years older than I am. I usually buy something that almost fits and try it on weekly till it fits! Kinda strange maybe, but I find it really motivating!

I still have a long way to go, but I looking forward to hitting the 80's soon.

I know you'll do great, let me know if you need a hand with anything
xx
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Rijbakluva » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks for your reply!

Work has been super busy, so im hoping that I have burned off a few extra calories, lol!

I bought some scales last week - and found out that I am 114kg! an extra 2kg than i thought :(

Which vet clinic do you work at?

I hate buying clothes because nothing looks good on me unless its black or blue.

I went for 2 walks last week - which is an improvement on the none that i normally do.

Ive also just started taking the Pill ... and im terrified that its going to make me put on more weight.
Rijbakluva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:01 am

I'm at a hospital near Brisbane, how about you?

I know what you mean about burn the extra cals at work! I swear yesterday my stomach was growling so loud, I had been running around like a crazy person and was burning crazy energy!

Great news RE your walks, the warmer weather definitely helps with that.

Try not to worry about weighing in 2kg higher on your other scales, at the end of the day weight is just a number. I try not to get too hung up on them. You should do your measurements, I find them pretty rewarding. Some weeks I don't lose weight but I lose cm's.

Have a great weekend
xx
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Return to Introductions