It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:49 pm

Free Newsletter

I've got a plan

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I've got a plan

Postby redwineonsundays » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:31 pm

And it involves losing weight, getting fit, and being happier.

I'm pretty happy right now, so imagine how happy i can be!!!!!!!

:D

I have absolutely no idea how to go about it, the first thing I did was 5 days ago joined a gym i've wanted to go to but thought was too pricey. I decided no price was too high.

Unfortunately I went on Monday and with the personal trainer did weights work and couldn't move Tuesday or yesterday. Not sure how to get past that one. Lots of hot baths and stretching later, i'm going again tonight.

If I can get the energy, because i've found it a bit lower since I started eating healthier (also five days ago)

I'll look around the forums to try to find something related to that!!

:)
redwineonsundays

Postby KimE » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:51 pm

Hello redwinonsundays (can I call ya red? :D easier to type) and welcome to the forum.

Be sure to have a good read of the info, tools, tips and articles on the home page as there really is some great advice there too.

Joining a gym, great start, and even better if you have at least some sessions with a personal trainer if you are unsure what to do and how to as they will point you in the right direction. Gyms can be a little daunting at first but you soon get into the swing of things.

If your energy levels are low you may want to look at your carbohydate intake as this is the body's energy food. Unless you are carbohydrate sensitive you should still be able to have a carb intake of up to 60% of your daily food and lose weight. But every body is different so you may need to experiment a bit with that to find out what works best for you. Some people's bodys don't react as well to that amount of carbs so try different things and see how you go. Also you are only 5 days in so it could be your body is getting used to the food shift if you have made very big changes.

Sing out if you need help with anything and I wish you every success on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:52 pm

Hi redwine

welcome to the group, its sounds like you have taken some wonderful steps so far to become healthier and even happier :) feel free to wander around the forum and join in challenges and weigh ins :)

best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby redwineonsundays » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:54 pm

thanks so much!

i'll try a few things and see how it goes... there is heaps of helpful information on this site, including helpful people :-)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
redwineonsundays

Postby Ally » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:28 pm

Hey there Red and welcome to the forum! I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey take the time to have a good look around the forum and don't be frightened to ask for advice if you need it. The challenges and weigh ins are a good way to stay on track and give you plenty of motivation as well as the food and exercise diaries that are on offer too!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:42 pm

Hi redwine, welcome to the forum.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:34 pm

Hi red, welcome to the forum!!
2 words: small steps!! If you're just starting, try not to do too much all at once. Apart from that, have a look round the forum and if you have any questions, ask away!! Someone will know or know where to go to find out!
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions