It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:59 am

Free Newsletter

Hi all I'm new here, I have loads to lose & plenty to gain!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi all I'm new here, I have loads to lose & plenty to gain!

Postby 4mytwogirls » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi all this is my first time here, but not my first weightloss expedition!!

I'm here because I have ALOT of weight to lose! I'm starting again at 135kg

A bit about me...I am 35 years young, married with two young girls, living in Melbourne.

I have always been the 'big girl', struggling from a young age to maintain any weight loss etc, I've been every size! I had my children only 16 mths apart and I have never shed the weight, till 2006, which was my most success.

...I spent from March 2006 till late 2008 on a weight loss marathon and lost 50 kg ( I had began weighing in at 140kg), I had muscles and fitness and loads of new clothes....then my world fell apart.

My husband and I and our two girls lost our rental home and couldn't find another for over 6mths, we moved in with my inlaws...it was VERY Stressfull our marriage almost ended. Then my husband had a break down and was finally diagnosed with Mania/bi-polar, he was hospilised on our daughters 6th birthday party day and stayed for two weeks in a psych unit, on the same day we ( I) moved house...I cried for 3 days on and off, in between moving furniture and driving a truck!, and I ended up on antidepression meds as I was having anxiety attacks...it was a REALLY bad time of our lives...and that's when the weight started coming back on......and so begins another weightloss marathon!

Things have improved on the home front, but my weight has gone up UP UP, and I miss the fitness I gained and the better quality of life, so here I am ready to go again!
4mytwogirls

Re: Hi all I'm new here, I have loads to lose & plenty to gain!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi 4mytwogirls and welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear you had such a nightmare of a time. I'm glad things have picked up for you since then. I hope you find the encouragement and support you need for your weight loss journey here.

Best of luck!
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby 4mytwogirls » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:11 pm

Thanks EvilWombatQueen, looking forward to having a good look around here and gathering info and support.
4mytwogirls

Postby Seadragon73 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi there

I joined very recently but have been rather disheartened because no one has really replied to my posts :roll: . I was reading through some topics when I came across your contribution and was able to relate on so many levels. I lost lots of weight way back in 98 and kept it of until 2006 when I made a treechange and moved from s.e suburbs of Melb to rural vic.
I fell in a major heap and ended up in a psych unit for 6 mths on and off after suffering with depression and post traumatic stress disorder. I slowly gained more and more weight and thus less and less self esteem. It's just been a viscious cirlce. I manage to keep the depression at bay w/out meds these day's and haven't been near a psych unit since 2006.
I have 4 children inc. one with special needs who is very demanding. I am now morbidly obese and with an existing heart conditions and being pre diabetic only make my situation more desperate.
I really need to put myself first and start looking after myself. My husband has put on weight also so we really should work on this together but despite our intermitate enthausiasm we tend to sabourtage each other when our stress levels are high and we want a quick fix such as alcohol or takeaway. Anyway I have said enough, probably too much. I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss.
P.S I had to live with my inlaws for 6 long months...Ouch I know...very testing. :oops:
Seadragon73

Postby Metalcharm » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Hello! Wow you have had it rough but you should be proud of yourself for starting this journey! You've done it before you can do it again.

My in-laws used to live next door .. that was bad enough!!! LOL
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby HippyJess » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Hello,
Wishing you all the best with your weight loss, be strong and you can do it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfDBkJQ/]
[/url]
HippyJess

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:23 am

Hi and welcome to the forum (and to you, too seadragon in case I missed your entry :wink: Sometimes it's hard to keep up with everyone, I generally read posts, just don't always get around to replying)

You've both had a tough time of it and mental health battles are pretty much guaranteed to change your weight one way or the other. It's great you're taking the initiative to tackle it though. Hopefully you can keep that drive through whatever life trows at you in future. There's always the forum to vent to instead of that takeaway or whatever. :D
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions