It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi everyone!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi everyone!!

Postby Smiley1000 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:25 am

Hi Everyone,

I've never tried an online forum before and I found this one through googling about weight loss... so here goes..

I'm 26yrs old, currently weigh 79kgs and need to get down to 70kgs in the next 8 weeks for breast reduction surgery. I would then like to lose a further 5kgs to get down to 65kgs which will put my BMI at 23, being 168cm tall.

I started having a problem with food when I was about 18yrs old and was in an abusive relationship - I started using food as a coping mechanism and old habits are very hard to break. At my heaviest I weighed 92kgs and have gone up and down ever since. Thinking about it now its disgusting the way I have abused food in the past.. sometimes eating until I felt sick. I really want to change these habits and develop a healthy relationship with food before I have children and pass my bad habits onto my kids. It feels really good to finally be honest with myself and to know that there are many many people out there in my situation.

Looking forward to reading more about everyone's journey and to share my own.

:D
Smiley1000

Re: Hi everyone!!

Postby hellokimmie » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:28 am

Hi Smiley!

Good luck, and keep updating your progress, Im a newbie here too :D

x
SW: 105 kg
Current Weight: 102.3 kg
GW: 65 kg

Eat to live, not live to eat!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woXp7EB/]
[/url]
hellokimmie

Postby Rachelle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Another newbie here too!

I'm 31 and have a 9 year old daughter and have been struggling with my weight since having her, I decided back in November 2008 that enough was enough, I was not going to put any more weight on and 117kg was the biggest I'd ever be... now 2 years on I'm down to 89kg... problem is I have hit a wall and need to do something to get me going again, I have been going to the gym and have tried varying our diet but I'm just stuck... My goal was to get to 80kg by November as I am getting married but that just seems out of question now :(

Help!! :?:
SW 117kg
GW 75kg

Rachelle

Postby hellokimmie » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi!

You could try to shake things up a bit?
Maybe some different sorts of cardio might help?
SW: 105 kg
Current Weight: 102.3 kg
GW: 65 kg

Eat to live, not live to eat!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woXp7EB/]
[/url]
hellokimmie

Postby Rachelle » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi
Thanks for replying - I do try but I have problems with my hips and so find the Cross trainer / Stepper too painful, We have just got a "boxing gym" punch bag thing! to give that a go so I'm hoping that will help. :wink:
SW 117kg
GW 75kg

Rachelle

Postby jameswoods941 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:41 pm

Hey Friends,
Myself James here... I'm Newbie here... Really I'm felling very happy to be here....
jameswoods941

Return to Introductions