It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:41 am

Free Newsletter

hi :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

hi :)

Postby twinklebarr » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:26 am

Well I'm def a newbie to this forum but def not a newbie to losing (or attempting to lose) weight! Currently weighing in at a quarter of a ton...250lbs which is around 114kg. It is time to do something about it and im hoping that this forum will be an inspiration and a support!

I have a big holiday coming up at christmas when i will be flying to the uk and the thought of being too big for the chairs on the plane is just horrifying. I also dont want to be uncomfortable on such a long flight and would really like to look good for all the xmas and new years velebrations while we are over there...yep I am vain!

So...I have 13 weeks before i leave. Im hoping that i can drop a good few kilos and shrink my arse a little before i leave! Wish me luck :D

Re: hi :)

Postby Eddie » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:51 pm

We certainly do wish you luck, Twinklebar and we're all a little envious of you and your big trip. What a great incentive to lose some weight! We all want to look the best we can so don't think of it as vanity, just good sense. Let us know how you progress.

Re: hi :)

Postby katt_bella75 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:56 pm

First you need to cut out all the crap from your diet (the hardest part). Try maybe 3-4 wheetbix with no fat milk for breakie (slowly cut this down until you can have 2). For a snack have a piece of fruit you like and a handful of nuts (almonds are good). For lunch try something like a whomel snadwhich with salad and meat. For another snack some yoget with oats (YUMMY!). Dinner should be 3/4 veggies and 1/4 protien/meat. Green tea is the best hot drink for you. I love/hate it because it is so gross that it takes a long time for me to drink it and when I do I feel so sick that I can't eat anything else. And it warms my belly up. As for the exercise, try walking. It uses almost every muscle in your body but you have to walk fairly fast. For maybe join a local sport team (a sport you enjoy) or even join the gym. I've found the best way to lose weight is to do something active for ar least one hour a day. I know it seems like alot but it will be worth it!

Return to Introductions