It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:20 am

Free Newsletter

At least 15kg to lose

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

At least 15kg to lose

Postby Owlie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi all,

I've finally decided I need some support. I've looked to online forums in the past, and found them to be wonderful safe havens for people in similar circumstances. I hope that this community will be the same :)

I have a long history on the weight roller coaster. I was always a 'big girl' growing up, getting up to about 80kg. I've always been an over eater - so I suppose that was eating disorder number 1.

Then when I hit university I developed bulimia nervosa. My weight went up even further and then dipped. I plummeted down to around 50-55kg. I am approximately 5foot seven, so that was probably a bit low for my height. That was eating disorder number 2.

I then developed anorexia nervosa, and got down to about 44kg. I was virtually dead, by that point. Riven by depression, suicidal tendencies, in a bad relationship, and needing hospital. Eating disorder number 3.

Now I am back to 76kg. Back to being fat, and continuing my life of being unhealthy and unhappy. I now both overeat and purge. I am sick of being beholden to food. I need this all to stop. I need to lose at least 15kg in a healthy way. But I don't know how. I'm obviously not particularly competent at the whole 'wellness' thing. :wink:

So that's a very logical, dispassionate account of my weight history. It obviously doesn't acknowledge the pathology - the psychological distress... but I am sure you all know about that. We all do. And even when I hopefully lose this extra weight I will remain, as I have always remained - even at 44kg and deaths door - 'a fat girl'.

I look forwards to getting to know you all :)

xOwlie
Owlie

Re: At least 15kg to lose

Postby katt_bella75 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:22 am

First of all, well done on trying to get your life back on track! I've got a few tips but I'm not sure if they'll be very helpful.

Exercise plays a big part in weight lose. You should be doing something active everyday for 30min - 1 hour. Try joining a local sports team (maybe a sport you enjoyed when you were younger), going for a walk or even going a gym. Walking is my personal favourite because you can pick when you do it and it's free! It's good because it uses almost every muscule in your body but you should always to remember to push yourself. Just don't over do the exercise or you WILL hurt yourself (and none of us want you to do that).

Next is your diet. For the best outcome of weight loss you should be having 5 - 6 smaller meals a day. You should always start of the day with a piece of fruit and something to fill you up, like 2 wheetbix or porrige (see recipes for more ideas). For a snack, I always enjoy a low fat yoget with oats (YUMMY!). For lunch for need to be having something very filling but also healthy. Try this websites recipes for some wonderful ideas or if your going to be out and about for the day try a wholegrain sandwhich with salad and a little meat. When you're hungry again it's time for another snack! Try carrot (and other veggies you enjoy raw) sticks with maybe a little low fat dip. Finally, dinner. You should have a heap of veggies a little protein and the rest should be something like brown rice.

I hope this helps you get a step closer to your weight loss dream!!!
katt_bella75

Return to Introductions