It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:39 pm

Free Newsletter

14 years old. already 80kg. needs to lose 20kg

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

14 years old. already 80kg. needs to lose 20kg

Postby katt_bella75 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi! I'm Kat and I'm 14. I'm already 80kg and feel horrible. Very time I look in the mirror I see an ugly fat person looking back. But I won't anymore. I joined yesterday because I want to feel happy and good in my own skin. I'm finding it hard to start and I don't have alot of motivation so if you have any tips or hints I'd love for you to share them with me. Next year is my formal and I want to have one night where I not only feel that I look alright but know that I'm no longer the person I am now. So I've got 1 year to lose 20kg or more. But I'll try to take baby steps. Tomorrow will be the start of my new life.
katt_bella75

Re: 14 years old. already 80kg. needs to lose 20kg

Postby Eddie » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:19 am

Welcome, Kat and good luck with your efforts. Your age is certainly on your side as the older you get the harder it is to remove those kgs. Please keep us informed of your progress.

Eddie
Eddie

Re: 14 years old. already 80kg. needs to lose 20kg

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi Katt! Welcome to the forum!
Firstly, I'm sure you're going to look stunning for your formal next year regardless of if you reach your 20kg goal (which is definitely doable btw, as long as it's a realistic target)!
Secondly, you will still look just as stunning if you lose some weight, you'll just be a bit healthier too! :wink:

I think it's great you're getting healthy and doing it while you're young so you can make the most from your youth (listen to me, I sound like a grandma!) Just try not to get too much of your self image bound up in your body image.

As for motivation, start with little steps that change what you're doing in small ways. Huge changes are very difficult to maintain. Using a food and exercise diary will help give you some good info to make smart, sensible changes with.

Goo luck.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions